Unexpected phone line disconnection

Highlighted
Contributor

Unexpected phone line disconnection

[ Edited ]
by Contributor Pristle Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

We (Vodafone and I) have a long term client in the Katikati area who have had their phone service summarily disconnected.

The client called me somewhat exasperated. When they contacted Vodafone to report the outage they were advised that the line had been disconnected in preparation for reconnection to fibre. Problem is, they don't have fibre. They signed up back in May, but as yet have not heard from or receieved correspondence from anyonewith respect to an install date and time.

They asked if I'd get onto the help desk and seek assistance. I duly agreed, only to suffer similar exasperation. The party at the other end refused to discuss the matter with me, even though I'd provided the correct PIN for the account. Hey, if asked I could've provided birthdate details too. I suggested contacting the client to confirm I could speak on their behalf, but since the land-line was dosconnected, they weren't calling the client's mobile number. But the proverbial whatname and his 'supervisor' weren't going to budge.

So we have a home-based business user unable to receive calls because someone at Vodafone has acted prematurely and then someone else is proving their inadequacy by not being able to rectify matters.

Angry? Of course I'm angry. I've been a stalwart proponent of Vodafone NZ for many years but the shine is fast fading.

EDIT: The client was told that some documentation had been emailed to them....not the account where the invoices are sent but to their almost defunct @vodafone address. Genius!!!

Contributor

Re: Unexpected phone line disconnection

Message 2 of 4 (163 Views)

Just had a call from the client, still irate.

While they were able to have their home line redirected to a mobile, they have a published custom link Auckland number which has gone completely awol.

Come on VODAFONE!!!

Starter Poster

by Nath3 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)

We hare having the same problem. We merged home and mobile accounts back in Feb when renewing our contract, this took four months and when it happened our landline was suddenly cut off. Now they are asking about our modem/fibre. What has fibre got to do with the landline which goes through a jack. My parents recently shifted into a new house, there ladnline was going to take a few days (to keep same number), so on Sunday morning they rang spark to get a temporary landline number, this was done in 5 mins! So come on Vodafone, up your game!

Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (115 Views)

Almost a week later and? Nada, crickets, zilch etc. etc.

I'm reviewing other provider options for the client at the moment. 2Degrees is looking likely though.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 15w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors