Ultrahub page opens every time my internet connection drops

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Ultrahub page opens every time my internet connection drops

by Regular Poster chairman Regular Poster
Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)

Every time my internet connection (vdsl) drops a browser tab opens for my ultrahub to helpfully tell me I'm offline. Even if I'm in the middle of an epic offline fullscreen game, or at the dramatic high point of a movie I'm watching off of the hard drive, BOOM, up pops this **bleep** browser window telling me I'm not connected.

The fact that it's an ultrahub webpage leads me to think it's something the ultrahub is doing, but all my win10 computers are connected to the ultrahub and only one of them is afflicted with this curse so I wouldn't swear to it. 

When I typed 192 into the browser address bar to open the ultrahub settings I did see a couple of potential clues as suggested addresses.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

no internet connection.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Staff

@Re: Ultrahub page opens every time my internet connection drops

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)

@chairman  Then fix the reason why the internet is dropping, Will be poor house wiring

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: @Re: Ultrahub page opens every time my internet connection drops

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (45 Views)

aside for JohnR's repliy, its the open browser on that computer trying to refresh a page it has open, failing and being redirected.

Close the browser or identify what pages it has open causing the refresh redirect.

The Ultra Hub will redirect you to an offline page if you try to broswe to a site or a page reloads when offline, so something on that PC is trying to do that.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: @Re: Ultrahub page opens every time my internet connection drops

by Regular Poster chairman Regular Poster
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

So I can either replace all the copper wiring built into the walls of my house, or I can close the web browser when I'm not using it ? I think I'll try closing the web browser, thanks for that ! 

Cheers

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors