Ultrahub LAN settings page does not work on modern browsers

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Ultrahub LAN settings page does not work on modern browsers

by Allistar Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (205 Views)

The UltraHub (with the latest firmware at the time of posting) has an issue with the "Settings -> LAN" page when in advanced mode in that it does not populate any of the values. That is, all text fields are empty. The reason for this is that Chrome is giving this error when you click on "LAN" in the left hand menu:

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ jquery-min.js:4

This then causes a cascade of other errors (The specified value "undefined" cannot be parsed, or is out of range.).

This bug makes the LAN page (and probably many others) impossible to use. This can only be fixed with new firmware that updates the version of jquery being used in the Utlrahub webpages built into the router.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Ultrahub LAN settings page does not work on modern browsers

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 7 (198 Views)

Which version of Chrome?

it works fine on mine on latest firmware on several coonections I look after all with UIltra Hubs and using different PCs.

I think that would have passed testing before the firmware was released..

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 7 (169 Views)

I get this issue on all browsers I try. Chrome 81.0.4044.122. Firefox 68.7.I am getting javascript errors on that page and it's not loading in data. It seems like the router is sending the browser data that the javascript isn't handling. I have restarted the router and the issue is still there.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 7 (166 Views)

sounds like your Java version is an issue perhaps

Both newest and previous firmware versions for me - Win10 (Chrome, firefox and IE) and Mac (Chrome and Safari) all ok with that page

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (163 Views)

The router website doesn't use Java. It's uses Javascript which is completely different. I get this issue on every single browser in my house. Firefox on Windows, Linux and Mac. Chrome on Windows, Linux and Mac. All the latest versions. It's not an issue with the browser, it's the router. The LAN settings page doesn't work.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 7 (154 Views)

tried to factory reset the router?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (152 Views)

No, and to be honest I don't want to do that. I have so many settings in there I don't want to lose and it would take ages to re-enter them.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors