Trying to change to a fibre plan

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Trying to change to a fibre plan

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (313 Views)

Yesterday I rang up sales and spent some time on the phone with the sales staff sorting out what plan I would be on, I had some questions on what VF would be supplying. It took a bit longer than I expected by near the end of the call the guy I was speaking to said that all the details would be emailed to me within 1/2 hour.

So this afternoon having still not got the email I rang sales back, "no sign of a fibre boradband order" but there is a record of a call to the retention team. Ok I said lets get this sorted out.

First thing they wanted was my DOB, fair enough supplied it, next they wanted my drivers licence number, I asked why? "to run a credit check!" I'm puzzled as to why as I've been a VF broadband customer since 1998 and the fibre plan is less per month than I'm currently paying.

I am getting a little annoyed now as none of this was asked yesterday, So I read off my D/L number, what a mission the person whom I'm talking to seems to not have a very good grasp of the english language and I had to repeat the number 4 times before they get it right.

OK so now they need and email address, I'm starting to wonder what is going on here as now they have my account number DOB, D/L number yet they cannot seem to look up my account and get my email address. So now I embark on spelling out my email address, it's my firstname@lastname.co.nz, "same as the name on the account", after 4 attempts at this I simply gave up.

So this raises a few questions, if the order didn't go thru yesterday for some reason, why was I not contacted to rectify this? - my cell and home numbers are listed on the account.

Why does the team that I spoke to today have such a poor grasp on the english language?, and why can they not have access to my account details?

Why so suddenly does a credit check have to be done, I would have no problem with this if I was applying for new credit some where with a company I have not recently had dealings with, surley you simply check my account history that I have with you and make a call based on that, and if its not good (BTW it is good) then head down the credit check path.

So before I pack up my broadband and on account mobile connections and go somewhere else, can someone at VF please sort this out in a timely fashion.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Trying to change to a fibre plan

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

So just to see what is actually happening I rang up sales again.......yes there is a note on your account about switching from ADSL to fibre, but nothing has been actioned......???

So what is the story here? Does VF take a request for service then just ignore it and do nothing?

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor