The Fibrex disconnections continue

Starter Poster

The Fibrex disconnections continue

by BruceFreedancerFoley Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (918 Views)

A few months ago I reported the regular disconnections I suffer since I upgraded from standard cable to fibrex. It appeared, perhaps for a week or two that the problem had been resolved, but sadly I have to report it picked up again and has never let up since. I basically get daily disconnects. I'm really tired by this potato internet. There is a sign at the end of the street saying Fibre is coming and I've already had a salesman at my door offering power/internet packages. If this issue persists once the fibre is layed I will be quitting Vodafone.

Starter Poster

Re: The Fibrex disconnections continue

Message 2 of 6 (916 Views)

ps. when I mentioned to the salesman about the disconnections he said it is a well known issue that a lot of vodafone fibrex customers deal with. I do not believe I am an isolated case, I think this is a an on going problem since the product was rolled out.

Contributor

by Contributor jamtarts Contributor
Message 3 of 6 (847 Views)

i am in the same boat from last monday 18th june, i have started my own message.... did you get it resolved????

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 6 (823 Views)

Sadly No. In all honesty at this point I'm accepting it as an unavoidable reality of using Vodafones Fibrex product. I'll be switching to true Fibre the moment it has been laid down my street. It is a shame, I've been a Telstraclear customer since the time I bought this house, that's 15 years, and I've been on their cable network the whole time.

I can only offer unfounded speculation about why this unreliability occurs, which is that it is a problem inherent in the technology itself => DCOSIS 3.1. It is actually very impressive that they can achieve such speeds on a network that includes a copper cable trunk to your house (before linking up to fibre) but I suspect because it is still quite new, there are reliability issues with it, and if the fix was easy or cost effective, it probably would have been sorted by now.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (821 Views)

ps. I meant DOCSIS 3.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOCSIS

I don't think it is currently used in that many places in the world, like I said, it is pretty new tech to allow cable operators to compete with Fibre.

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 6 (811 Views)

pps. read your thread. it sounds like you were dealing with a different issue. I really wish mine was that easy to solve, alas I suspect it is not, hence why the sound of crickets chirping. 

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors