Terrible customer service, they just lie to you

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Terrible customer service, they just lie to you

by CheyenneTakitimu Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)

I recently didn't pay my bill and got a restriction applied to my account which meant I couldn't use their services (internet etc) until I paid. That's fair enough, my bad. No problems there. So anyway, I called to ask how much they needed to restore the services and then I paid using a Visa on the phone. I was told it would take up to 3 days for the internet to be restored. Stupid amount of time in todays technology age, but oh well, it is what it is. So I waited 3 days and guess what? Nothing. So I called up again and remained calm as I didn't know the cause yet. I was told that the first guy hadn't done something right or missed a step and so nothing had happened! Now I'm pissed off, but I take care to explain to the guy I'm talking to now that I'm not pissed at him, but at the inept previous guy. I asked this guy what he was going to do about it and how was he going to resolve it. He apologised and said he would fast track it and it would take less than 24hrs to restore, give it priority etc. 48hrs later....NOTHING. They really don't give a &*%^! On the third day it came back. No one calls to apologise, they just lie to your face, while calling you 'Sir'. So I decided to lodge a complaint. Called again and was told I have to email it in and the guy gave me an address to use. It came back as 'undeliverable', no such address. FFS! So this week I'm going to whatever telecommunications disputes authority is out there. Vodafone shouldn't be allowed to just tell lies to their customers. Can't wait to see if they charge me for the whole month of service, they probably will. Hate it when someone professes to be trustworthy, then consistently lies to your face. Social media, here we come! Rant done Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Terrible customer service, they just lie to you

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

@CheyenneTakitimu  That is rubbish once an overdue account is paid the internet should be up and running again in 10 - 15 minutes if your connection is not disconnected from the Wholesale provider side! Example Chours

If disconnected at the Chorus hardware then yes it will take a number of business working days

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Terrible customer service, they just lie to you

by CheyenneTakitimu Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Thanks for the advice Smiley Happy Yeah I specifically asked them if it had been actual disconnected or just barred. The guy said it's just had a restriction placed on it. I'll check out that link you posted. Have a great day!

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 7w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors