Spam Callers over VOIP regarding Internet Disconnections

Regular Poster

Spam Callers over VOIP regarding Internet Disconnections

by Regular Poster Idiom37 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 9 (199 Views)

I am on VOIP and am getting a number of calls regarding disconnection of Internet.

I have caller ID and have a record of these calls.  Who do I give this information to which may help pinpoint the Scum who are trying to scam us.

Retired Staff

Re: Spam Callers over VOIP regarding Internet Disconnections

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 9 (197 Views)

@Idiom37  Just hang up it's a game of whack a mole the number is fake!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

Message 3 of 9 (167 Views)

t just shows how crazy the whole system is.  You are now telling me that Vodafone are NOT interested in trying to solve this problem.   

Surely a telephone number has to be allocated by a service provider which in turn shows as a calling subscriber (customer) to those who have Caller ID.  

I have a list of 6 numbers, five from 09 and one from 07. Now any service provider can surely trace these numbers. It is easier now with Electronic Switches rather than the old "Step by Step" exchanges.

I have this list that I am willing to share with Vodafone if there was only somebody there who will listen.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 9 (156 Views)

@Idiom37  Google search ' CLI spoofing ' the numbers you have are worthless

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

Message 5 of 9 (133 Views)

I shall now open another can of worms.

If the numbers displayed on my caller ID (and listed on my "Hub") are not the correct numbers, then Vodafone is charging me for a service that is not working properly.

Dont tell me that I have an equipment fault, Vodafone are quick to say "The Problem is not at our end."  

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 9 (123 Views)

@Idiom37  Please read my replies again and don't twist it

The number that is presented to your phone and displayed on the caller ID is FAKE from the A party side, VodafoneNZ is only displaying the CLI number passed to the network!

Regular Poster

Message 7 of 9 (110 Views)

I read the "Google" reference as you suggested.

You cant tell me that VODAFONE cannot filter out these Fake numbers. 

I have been in contact with another Telco who would have traced these calls and dealt with them had I have been a customer of theirs.  They were NOT NEGATIVE.

Oh by the way, What did I "Twist"?

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)

look at it from this point, what if someone ran a scam and mailed information to you via the postal service, the return address on the envelope was listed as "123 Fake St" would you expect N Z Post to verify that this is the correct return address before delivering it to you? You can really expect VF to check the caller ID on every phone call that orginates from outside their network to make sure it is valid before passing on.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 9 of 9 (108 Views)
Traced the calls and dealt with them?

Bahahahahahaha ok

You are aware these calls originate outside of New Zealand mainly India?

It's like the game ' Whack a mole ' block them then they just route the calls another way and so the game of whack a mole goes
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors