Service Disconnection for elderly person unable to get out to pay a bill

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Service Disconnection for elderly person unable to get out to pay a bill

by Regular Poster tallsonn Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Shame on you Vodafone for disconnecting my elderly mother's homeline and broadband. I am disgusted to hear that you have done this during this lockdown.

Due to my mother's compromised immune system and her age, she has been in lockdown longer than we have been in level 4 and so was not able to get out to a Post Office to pay her bill. Once we went in to Level 4 the Post Office's also shut. Given her age she is totally reliant on Cash and EFTPOS and does not use internet banking and does not have a credit card.

She is so upset and embarassed by this and has finally advised me today of this issue. I will pay her bill with internet banking but given that it is Friday today I doubt her service will be restored until Monday or Tuesday next week, leaving her alone in her unit with no landline or internet.

This is disgraceful. I asked her if she phoned Vodaofne to explain her situation and to see if there was some way this issue could be resolved and as usual she had to speak with someone in India who was not able to offer her any assistance. Shame on you for not re-directing some of your NZ staff (who are probably not that busy at this time) to answer calls. Speaking to someone on the othe side of the world who probably is not sympathetic to our strict lockdown is of no help at all.

Disgusting service. 

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Service Disconnection for elderly person unable to get out to pay a bill

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Hi there,

I'm really sorry that you and your mother have had this experience, this definitely isn't the level of service we strive to deliver. I'll send you a private message so that I can follow up on this directly.

Under the current circumstances we have retasked frontline staff where we can and many others are helping where we have time (myself included), but I'm sure you can understand our teams (especially our call centres) aren't able to work at the same capacity as normal.

Thanks,

Hayden

I work in the Corporate/Government space for Vodafone, but I know a little bit about a lot of things we do. I volunteer my time on here.
Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Service Disconnection for elderly person unable to get out to pay a bill

by Regular Poster tallsonn Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I managed to sort things out by contacting Vodafone (in India?) myself via live chat and lodging a complaint with them.

After posting my original message I was extremely disappointed to view the Vodafone mandate regarding COVID-19 on your website. To quote : "From 26 March 2020, for an initial period of 6 months, we will not disconnect or charge late fees to any customers experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, including personal customers"

Vodafone need to review this as clearly it is a case of telling customers what they want to hear, but not actually adhering to their own mandate. The fact that my mother called customer service and explained her situation and nothing was done to assist her makes it worse.

We will set up a Direct Debit so that this doesn't happen again. Just before lockdown she had moved into a new house and hadn't had time to sort this out and then we moved into Level 4 very quickly and she was of the understanding that Post Offices would remain open for bill payments.

Pretty poor show is all that I can say.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors