Rural wireless broadband - no data cap removal

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Rural wireless broadband - no data cap removal

by robbienz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (540 Views)
From the latest Vodafone Covid 19 email

"From 2‌6 M‌a‌rc‌h 2‌02‌0, until the end of J‌u‌n‌e 2‌02‌0, we’ll be removing the data cap for our Home Fixed Broadband customers who are not already on an unlimited plan. This includes Fibre, Ultrafast HFC, VDSL and ADSL. Due to network constraints, this excludes Rural Broadband and Wireless Broadband"

Rural wireless broadband is excluded because "network constraints".

We have a 200gb limit and it costs $25 per extra 15gb. Wouldn't it be possible (and I'd say fair) to at least just increase the maximum cap by another 100gb until June. Or if Vodafone are going to charge us, then increase the $15 for 100gb.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Ninja Initiate

Re: Rural wireless broadband - no data cap removal

by Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate Ninja Initiate
Message 2 of 5 (512 Views)

Hi robbienz,

Vodafone offers unlimited broadband for rural customers during low-peak period throughout COVID-19 lockdown:

https://news.vodafone.co.nz/rural/rbioffer

Thanks.

Jason.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by robbienz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (500 Views)

Thanks, I saw the comm come through earlier. 

Thanks Vodafone for explaining why the limitation exists. 6 -7 GB a day (for the average month) has always been difficult. $25 for 15GB is rather punishing, especially when there is a week left to go of the billing month.  

I'm grateful to any probable solution. I'm not sure if Unlimited from midnight-9am will work for our situation (entertainment streamed via Chromecast) but I am sure there will be many customers out there who will be able to take advantage. 

As the comm said, 200GB should supply most work and education purposes.

thanks,

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by shemac Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

Why cant the same or similar deal apply to wireless broadband as has been applied to rural?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff AshJones Staff
Message 5 of 5 (374 Views)

Hey @shemac Unlike Rural broadband, Vodafone wireless broadband has large data options now like 300GB and 600GB so our customer can re-sign on to these plans and they are still a lower cost than RBI you can find out more about the new wireless plan here https://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/internet-plans/

Thanks ^Ash

I work in our retail stores in Auckland
Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and i am helping out on my own time where possible.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors