Rural Broadband B315 Modem, Phone line not working after firmware upgrade

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Rural Broadband B315 Modem, Phone line not working after firmware upgrade

by MrMikeyNZ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,229 Views)

Hi There, 

I recently web brcowsed to my B315 modem and it prompted me to update the firmware which I did. All went well except the phone-line is now giving me a constant disconnect tone and it comes up engaged when you try and ring the number. 

I called the rural broadband support number and after a very frustrating 60mins, I was told that my router was probably faulty and needs replacing. Seems a bit of a cop out to me. I'm no expert but I'd have thought that maybe the phone number just needs re-allocating to my modem or something? Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone else had the same issue?

Current Versions installed in my B315 modem

Hardware version:WL1B310FM04
Software version:21.329.01.00.1085
Web UI version:17.100.09.00.03

'

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Rural Broadband B315 Modem, Phone line not working after firmware upgrade

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (1,205 Views)

Hi @MrMikeyNZ Phone number does not need to be re-allocated to your modem, it is not allocated to your modem it is allocated to the SIM card inside your modem.. This is regular mobile GSM/UMTS Voice not SIP / VOIP.

Have you tried giving your modem a factory reset?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MrMikeyNZ Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (1,201 Views)

Hi Sebastian, thanks for the reply.

No I haven't tried a factory reset. Is that easy enough to do? Are there any settings I'd need to re-configure after the reset or will it just start working again straight away? I can set the Wi-Fi up again easy enough.

The internet side of things is working fine at the moment, it's just the phone line. I didn't want to mess with it in case I lost the internet too.

Posted from Samsung SM-T715Y
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (1,195 Views)

Hi

Try just give modem a restart first before a factory reset then.. If after restart phone line still not working - give it a factory reset (there is a reset PIN hole on the back of the modem, use a pen tip or a paperclip to press the button in for 10 secs or so until the lights on the front of the modem do something funky.)

You won't need to reconfigure any settings for the internet to work again... Only any customised config that you have made for yourself in the modem GUI ( EG custom wifi SSID + Key) you will need to configure again..

Let me know how you get along after reboot / factory reset..

Best Regards,

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors