Re-Purposing My Home Phone Wiring for an IP Phone.

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Re-Purposing My Home Phone Wiring for an IP Phone.

by zk-jlr Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (902 Views)

When Vodafone shut down my copper phone connection and move me to an IP phone can I re-purpose the wiring in my house to extend the phone connection from the Router to another outlet somewhere else in my house?

Staff

Re: Re-Purposing My Home Phone Wiring for an IP Phone.

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 2 of 3 (900 Views)

Hi

yes you can but depends.. depends on your type of connection eg - if you are on VDSL ( which uses a Jack Point) and if you have other 2 or 3 JP(excluding the VDSL service JP) in the house you should be able to get them wired together. So your VDSL JP will be seperate from the other 2 or 3 JP. then simply you what you need to do is to use a BT phone cable and plug the transparent end to the RGW(modem) the rectangular white end to the one of the JP and you should have the other JPs arround the house live.

if you are on Fiber. This is easier. Assuming that the copper is fully disconnected at the ETP and your internal house wiring is intact you just need to get a BT phone cable and plug the transparent end to the RGW ( modem) phone 1 and rectangular end to the wall JP. that should liven the JP in the house.

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Starter Poster

Re: Re-Purposing My Home Phone Wiring for an IP Phone.

by zk-jlr Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (897 Views)

Hi, thanks for the quick response.  I have VDSL.  Apparently from this month I can switch from the POT to BB.  This would allow me to have a cordless phone based elsewhere in the house. I'll just need a Tech. to sort the wiring.

Much appreciated.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors