Highlighted
Expert Contributor
Accepted Solution

PubG Sydney Server Routing

[ Edited ]
by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (369 Views)

Good morning team.

I have been experencing high ping spikes in Pubg on the sydney server for the last couple of months or so. 

Normally I would gets spikes upto 200ms but lately it's been 1000ms+ which causes my game to freeze often resulting in me getting killed. I have tested the game via my Vodafone data connection also (USB tethered) and am having the same issue. My question is does vodafone use the same routing for mobile data as they do for fibre connections?

I have completed all the the troubleshooting steps that were sent to me from pubg support like resetting newtwork settings and resetting my firewall and making sure the required ports were unblocked. 

Thanks 

~ Christopher 

Highlighted
Staff

Re: PubG Sydney Server Routing

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

Hi Christopher 

To answer the question "does vodafone use the same routing for mobile data as they do for fibre connections?"

These 2 types of connections take different paths for some of there journey to PubG servers. But ultimately they will  leave the VFNZ network out through 1 of our boarder gateway boxes.  VFNZ  uses a boarder gateway protocol Autonomous System Number of 9500 AKA BGP AS 9500.

As for high ping spikes in Pubg on the sydney server for the last couple of months or so, I take it that it use to be fine ?. Do you uses any other servers for PubG and if so is the issue seen on these servers. Do you know the ip address that the Sydney server you use ?.

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 4 (351 Views)

I use to connect to NA West coast but lately I've only got the sydney server. 
I am unsure how I would go about obtaining the IP address of the sydney server.

never had any issues with the NA server but unsure how it would perform now if i was able to connect to it.

yes the high pings on sydney server use to never happen at all.

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)

Good evening.

I appair to have resolved this myself.

Upgrading my Lan driver seems to have fixed it.

~ Christopher

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 23w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors