Port 31314 needs opening for PetNet SmartFeeder device

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Port 31314 needs opening for PetNet SmartFeeder device

[ Edited ]
by PennyD Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,014 Views)

Hi, I am sorry but I had a very confusing phone call with Vodafone Ninja and I am hoping someone here can help.

I have a new fibrex and have the Vodafone Ultra Hub modem. I am currenlty on a dynamic WAN IP with vodafone (had static on my previous cable contract with them).

Most of my devices are connecting to the new router ok but my PetNet Smart Feeder (awesome machine by the way) needs port 31314 open to even connect properly. So I have tried really hard to understand what needs to be done but am now very confused.

To get this sorted do I need a static WAN IP from Vodafone?  The Ninja tried to tell me to add portforwarding using my current dynamic WAN IP but that doesn't make sense.. i.e. a, it is dynamic and b, port forwarding needs a LAN IP??

Can anyone help. How can I open port 31314 on my router for this application. 

NAT is enabled so is the Firewall on the router.

Many many thanks

Penny

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Port 31314 needs opening for PetNet SmartFeeder device

by PennyD Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (997 Views)

ok using the temporary dynamic WAN IP provided by Vodafone i tested port forwarding to this port 31314 to an established laptop. it did not work at all. port forwarding is not working for me somehow. I have called Vodafone and they are looking at it internally.

thanks

Penny

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Port 31314 needs opening for PetNet SmartFeeder device

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 3 of 3 (971 Views)

Hello Penny

Just a quick question to clarify this.

Are you just trying to open the port on the RGW ( Ultrahub) ?

rgds

DB

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors