Picture interference

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Picture interference

by Midge Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (154 Views)

Over the last couple of months I have been experiencing ongoing interference (pixelation) on my TV (panasonic).  This occurs when watching live tv, recorded programs and even when casting from my tablet.  Apparently it may be caused by my router.  I'm on Fibre 100.  All the devices are up to date.  I can rewatch something and the picture will distort in a different place than the first time.  Extremely frustrating.  Can anyone suggest what I can try to stop it happening?

I also get noise on my fibre landline.

Retired Staff

Re: Picture interference

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 9 (145 Views)
What router are you using and are your devices connected over Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

by Midge Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (133 Views)

Using a Vodafone ultra hub, bit unclear on the model. Could be PTC295/17/002. 2.4Ghz as 5 is too unreliable. No ethernet, just wi-fi. Live TV even gets hit, not just the devices. 🤔

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 9 (125 Views)
Streaming TV, Netflix, ETC......should be done of Ethernet if not then try and rearrange things so the 5Ghz can be used 2.4Ghz is not the best

Put a different name onto the 5Ghz band and just let streaming devices attach to that
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 9 (122 Views)
Sorry that post above should say ' over Ethernet '
Starter Poster

by Midge Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (114 Views)

Live TV is direct from UHF aerial, DVR's use same aerial and are connected to TV via HDMI ports.  Only my tablet and phone use the wi-fi to cast to the TV using Viera connect. The 5Ghz connection drops constantly on the tablet and has to be restarted over and over again, hence sticking to the 2.4Ghz for now.  TV picutre distorts no matter the source, hence a friend suggested it could be electrical interference from the router.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 9 (112 Views)

@Midge  Your friend should not be offering advice!

If the 5Ghz keeps dropping then look into why it keeps dropping! Have you tried locking / changing the channel on the 5Ghz band?

Also as above give the 5Ghz it's own name

Starter Poster

by Midge Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (106 Views)

We can't figure out why the 5Ghz keeps dropping, and yes, it already has a different name.  Can you please clarify what you mean by locking/changing the channel on the 5G.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 9 of 9 (96 Views)
Take the 5Ghz off automatic and lock it to a channel
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors