Paradise email forwarding not working - spam filters stopping emails?

Starter Poster

Paradise email forwarding not working - spam filters stopping emails?

by duwane Starter Poster
Message 1 of 13 (531 Views)

I have paradise email forwarding from my old paradise email address to my gmail account, but it seems that most emails are not being forwarded. I realise that this forwarding is due to end in August this year, but, is there a problem with it at the moment?

I am trying to change my email address on some of my various user accounts on websites that use my old paradise email address as a login id, and these websites are trying to email me verification codes before allowing me to change my email address (as a form of identity verification). These emails are being sent by the websites, but are never arriving in my gmail account.

Is there some sort of spam filtering happening to the email before forwarding, or what may be causing 99% of the emails to not be forwarded to my gmail account? Some emails get through, but seem to take hours.

Until I can get the forwarding working on all emails, I am unable to change my email address on some of the sites using the old address.

How can I get all emails forwarded from the paradise email address to my gmail (which I though was already in place), even if considererd to be spam, as I really need to be able to change my account settings on these sites that require the verification code emails to get to me.

Starter Poster

Re: Paradise email forwarding not working - spam filters stopping emails?

by duwane Starter Poster
Message 2 of 13 (517 Views)

Can someone please reply. Until I can actually get emails forwarded properly from my Paradise address to my gmail address, I am not able to migrate any of my accounts (on many websites) to use a different email address.

There may be legal ramifications if I am unable to recover some of my accounts due to this.

Starter Poster

by ToniMcDonnell Starter Poster
Message 3 of 13 (502 Views)

I am having the EXACT same issue, I even spoke with the host of my new email provider to check they were not blocking any Paradise forwarded emails but they have confirmed they are not blocking any incoming emails. So frustrating as am trying to contact all the companies I deal with to give them my new email address but they want to send an email link to my Paradise email first ... but I am not receving them!!!!  Going around in circles here.  Have you had any luck?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by duwane Starter Poster
Message 4 of 13 (488 Views)

Nope, nothing. As you can see here, there is not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement of the issue. Not really sure why they have this forum to be honest.

Some of the accounts I am trying to change emails for are government departments, and online payment systems. Some of the payment sites I use won't let the same credit card be added to 2 accounts, so I can't even create new accounts. Vodafone's lack of service is actually a form of denial of service attack against me and some of my accounts at the moment.

After many hours I managed to finally get hold of someone on the helpdesk phoner number yesterday. At first they told me that as of August last year that Paradise forwarding was no longer supported. I had to remind them that the email they sent me a couple of weeks back said that the support was actually ending in August 2019 (not 2018), so that was a great start...

As of now, I am still waiting for someone to call me back (not holding my breath though). I have passed on all the details of the issue I am having, but as of yet I have absolutely nothing back from anyone. Not even a notification that someone is looking into the problem, or that there is even a problem at all on their end.

Based on what you are saying, it looks like it isn't just me, so that makes me feel a little better, but in terms of quality of support services, it looks like it’s time to shift all services away from Vodafone.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 13 (486 Views)

I completely understand your frustration.  I am having the same problems, not at such an important level as yours, mine are more related to companies where I have paid subscriptions etc, for example I am actually blocked out of my own paid Premium Spotify account at this moment so thanks to Vodafone I am paying for services I cannot even use at the moment.  I have also purchased concert tickets & air travel where the tickets/itineraries have gone to my Paradise email but those emails are not forwarding through.  Your situation is absolutely appalling.  Here we are trying to do the right thing in a situation we have been thrust into after I was personally told last year by Vodafone that I could have email forwarding for as long as I needed it.  Then to get treated in this manner is just ridiculous.

I am not even sure when the emails stopped forwarding through, maybe a week to 10 days ago now???

I will now be trying to make contact through the old fashioned method of telephone.  In a strange sort of way, it is nice to know that I am not alone with the problem.  But it does make me wonder how many others there are with the same issue, but possibly have not realised yet.  It took me awhile to click on to it.  This is now wasting hours of my already precious time and I need Vodafone to get these emails forwarded through to me pronto.  I really feel for your situation too.

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 13 (443 Views)

Have you had any more joy?  I got hold of Vodafone the day before yesterday on the phone. Over 2 hours later, not much further ahead except they said they will be looking into it and for me to contact them in 4 days if I haven't heard anythig from them earlier to get an update.  They said it is weird that I was still getting Paradise emails up until recently becuse they cut the service over a year ago??????  What, thatdoesn't make sense at all and I did say that I am actually getting a small number of emails forwarded.  But 95% of them have stopped coming through in the past week or so.  Plus why would they be sending me emails to say they are going to stop the forwarding in August if they had so-called already done that a year or so ago??? Something doesn't add up.

Starter Poster

by duwane Starter Poster
Message 7 of 13 (417 Views)

Nope still no joy for me either. I tried replying by text message to the person who helped me when I reported the problem (as this is how I was assured to be able to get hold of her again to follow up), and they never bothered getting back to me again. I was also told initially that they had stopped the service in August last year, so I suspect someone in the deprtment that deals with the forwarding is misinformed, or is trying to fob people off that are complaining about it not working

Starter Poster

by NevilleWanoa Starter Poster
Message 8 of 13 (400 Views)
Spoiler
Same here, but for @vodafone.co.nz email.  Can't update passwords, change email addy, or access tickets.  Frustrating!
Starter Poster

by duwane Starter Poster
Message 9 of 13 (342 Views)

Still not even a reply from any of the vodafone "support" involved despite many texts from me to them to ask for an update. I happened to come across this link tonight, which may explain why they can't even be bothered to give us the courtesy of a reply. I can't post the link here, but PM me if you want the link.

Basically, the page seems to imply that they have stopped supporting all email services as of the end of April 2019. This contradicts the email I received a couple of weeks ago telling me that they were terminating the Paradise forwarding at the end of August 2019.

Apart from the frustration this has caused me so far (and it would appear many other people too), I am still absolutely blown away by how badly this has been handled right from the start by Vodafone. To think that they once were a company that I respected and supported because of their outstanding products and services. Oh how the mighty have fallen. This shows a complete disregard for their customer base, and complete lack of support. So far I have had no communication at all from them, no reply to messages or phone calls relating to this, and not even the courtesy of an official response here (even if just to say that they no longer support their email services).

Absolutely disgusted vodafone

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 13 (327 Views)

I have not heard a peep back from Vodafone either.  I have been a loyal customer of Vodafone having my landline, broadband & Paradise email with them for 18 years now (across the transitions of course from TelstraSaturn/ TelstraClear/Vodafone) as well as moving across our mobiles to them a couple of years ago.  I hate to admit it but to be treated by Vodafone in this manner is actually really hurtful.  At the very least, someone from Vodafone needs to take ownership of this issue and just be honest with us customers.

I know I sound like a broken record but I need my Paradise emails to be working in the interim (ie. being forwarded to my new email) in order for me to be able to make the transition away from Paradise.  As you can imagine, 18 years with that email address will take some time to make that transition.  I also have purchased tickets etc that I need to access to. 

I also got the email a few weeks ago to notify that email forwarding will stop as from 21 August 2019. Although I was not happy to hear that after being told last year that my Paradise emails would be forwarded for as long as I liked, it was all the prompting I needed to start making the dreaded transition.  But with this premature blocking of the Paradise emails, I cannot make the necessary transitions away from the Paradise address.

What is gonig on Vodafone?  Why send emails saying that email forwarding is coming to an end on a certain date in the future (21 August) but it appears you have already cut the service???  Please at least be honourable and reply to us. Does my 18 years of loyalty mean nothing to you??

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors