Low download & upload speeds on Ultrafast HFC Max

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Low download & upload speeds on Ultrafast HFC Max

by Bradenport Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (238 Views)

So recently I changed over from the old Cable 100/10 plan to UltraFast HFC Max, and since then speed tests have maxed out at about 50mbps up/8mbps down, with download speeds dropping as low as ~35mbps and upload as low as 1mbps.

On the old Cable 100/10 download speeds were consistenly around 90-100mbps and upload 8-10mbps.

Downer technician installed the new cable box and UltraHub modem yesterday and seemed happy with everything before he left (to be clear, the low speeds were after the new modem etc were installed, before that they were great).

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? I've been doing speedtests regularly since the install (wired via cat6 ethernet and both 2.4 and 5GHz wifi bands and on multiple devices) and the download speeds are consistently around 40-50mbps.

Retired Staff

Re: Low download & upload speeds on Ultrafast HFC Max

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (230 Views)
Are you on a windows 10 machine? Install the speedtest App don't use the browser base speedtest
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (225 Views)

Update: just did a couple more tests and download is now over 200mbps and upload just over 90mbps so whatever was going on looks to be coming right

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (206 Views)

Another speed test (Windows 10 App, Cat6 ethernet) this morning had download ~600mbps and upload ~100mbps so everything seems to have come right. Incidently, I was actually able to add the broadband account to My Vodafone this morning after trying unsuccessfully over the last couple of days so maybe there was a bit of a delay in getting everything set up on Vodafone's end? Perhaps I was a little too quick to assume the worst.

Either way I'm now getting the kind of speeds I signed up for, and the UltraHub is giving me much better WiFi performance than the old Technicolor TC7210 cable modem so I'm happy.

Starter Poster

by dandan Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (166 Views)
2 weeks ago i rung to upgradd from fibre 200 to fibre max. I was told to wait 48 hrs and ill be ugraded. 3 days later i rung up to see the progress, was told i would need to wait another 48 hrs. 2 weeks on i find out they had upgraded the order on my old place (that i hadnt lived in for 1.5 years and fibre isnt on the street) no call to let me know they had made a mistake. Surely vodafone can put processes in place so this wont happen again? Real frustrating vodafone!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors