Latency when it comes to Overwatch

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Latency when it comes to Overwatch

by Bhgasgh Starter Poster
Message 1 of 17 (551 Views)
It’s been so long roughly more then a week coming to 2 weeks

I cannot play Overwatch without a consistent 156ping and I’m usually at 56 I am aware that there are other opened topics on Vodafone Community page but I want to make one because I have no idea why it’s taking so long for you to fix this issue if other companies were able to communicate with blizzard and get it fixed within 3hrs - 3 days (and that’s just a rough estimate)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

Re: Latency when it comes to Overwatch

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 17 (547 Views)
Have you seen the other threads? This is outside of the VodafoneNZ network and also a thread about the issue impacting other ISPs on Geekzone
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 17 (542 Views)
Well then tell me what the issue seems to be because I been having this issue for a while now and clearly mostly every other ISP has had their issue resolved (which is stated on Overwatch forums) and all hands are being pointed at Vodafone
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 17 (541 Views)
What my point is YES this has impacted multiple ISPs around New Zealand what I AM trying to say is that Vodafone hasn’t solved this issue compared to every other ISP that has resolved this issue
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 17 (539 Views)

Nothing is actually broken here, Internet traffic does not always take the most direct path so you might have to put up with it or change ISP

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 17 (537 Views)
That’s unbelievable and stupid. So I’m being told “nothing is wrong” when first of Vodafone tells people that they are aware of the issue and has no ETA then and offical from Blizzard says that there is a peering issue that can be solved yet We don’t get any information on a ETA

If it wasn’t an issue why is other ISPs able to fix it but vodafone can’t because there is no “issue”
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 17 (535 Views)
Also I’m very sorry if I seek aggressive towards you I’m not trying to come off that way
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 17 (533 Views)

@Bhgasgh  All good it's just the way the ' Internet ' works in a prefect world Internet traffic would always take the most direct path but as we know it does not

Starter Poster

Message 9 of 17 (531 Views)
Right so what your saying is nothing is going to fix this at all and to give up trying to get any support on this?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 10 of 17 (529 Views)

I would be calling Vodafone and requesting a fault ticket is logged for high latency!

Make sure you explain it's not normal and say you WANT a fault ticket logged and don't hang up till you have a fault ticket number written down.

Provide as much information as possible like approx date issue started and IPs to the servers

Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors