Kapiti outages

Starter Poster

Re: Kapiti outages

by iambobthefish Starter Poster
Message 11 of 16 (120 Views)

Hi Johnr, thanks for the advice. 

I've supplied very detailed logs with examples to the second as I have a test program running continuously. I've demanded that this be logged with the technical team but haven't tried using the specific words 'fault ticket' and 'incident number'.

We've had a Downer technician come out and check the cable itself - the signal was fine, excellent in fact. They suggested it was the modem as they've seen this as a common issue, but that wasn't their area to sort out.

The outages are replicated between two separate routers - the Vodafone supplied and our own both lose and regain connection at the same times, both wired and wireless.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 12 of 16 (112 Views)

@iambobthefish  Sounds like the Downer guy needs to come out and investigate further to me!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
New Poster

by Ambrose New Poster
Message 13 of 16 (84 Views)

I live in Raumati south (Kapiti) and we are still having periodic interruptions in service.

Starter Poster

by iambobthefish Starter Poster
Message 14 of 16 (76 Views)

I'm totally at the end of my tether with Vodafone. I spoke to tech support again and asked for it to be raised as a fault, and to be given an incident number. They were not able to do this, and apparently not able to access any of the previous correspondance and troubleshooting etc.

I've now raised this as a formal complaint with Vodafone.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 15 of 16 (60 Views)
Go over to geekzone.co.nz and create an account and post under the VodafoneNZ section and do @JasonParis and write about the ongoing issue/s

Keep the post calm and factual and the CEO of VodafoneNZ will get onto it
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 16 of 16 (56 Views)

geekzone seems to be having a few issues this morning

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors