Kapiti outages

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Kapiti outages

by iambobthefish Starter Poster
Message 1 of 16 (294 Views)

Customer ID: 15901045

We've been having on-going issues with our cable connection, as it appears many others in the Kapiti area are having. We've had a Downer technician out so far, but they could not see an issue with the signal into the house. I'm also fed up with spending 60+ minutes waiting on hold with the call centre and then not actually getting any answers or traction when I finally get through.

I'm now taking a detailed log of when the outages are occuring, with the expectation that Vodafone will look closely at their own system to see what is occuring at their end at these times. Attached is a recent summary of the outages:

2.bmp

Starter Poster

Re: Kapiti outages

Message 2 of 16 (261 Views)

Update:

Just spent a couple of hours or so with various tech support 'Ninjas'. This is what has been done:

- 'Reset' on their end (whatever that is)

- Reset the cable modem (via reset button)

- Factory reset on the 'Ultra Hub' (both via reset button and configuration). The 'Ninja' didn't appear to understand that I wasn't actually using the 'Ultra Hub'.

I will now continue to keep a log of any outages, if they continue to occur. Based on the current logging, I've had anywhere between 1 and 34 hours between outages, so will give it a week.

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 3 of 16 (230 Views)

Are you still seeing problems? This should be sorted now.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 16 (216 Views)

Yes I am.

Last night I went through a further session with the helpdesk. Presume you have access to the specific details of what we did.

However, we had another outage between 12:29:02 and 13:11:04.

I'm guessing the next step is replacing the modem.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 16 (208 Views)

Further to this, I've just spent another good (bad?) hour with technical support. Although I found out toward the end that it was actually billing support, but they wouldn't transfer me. I asked for a replacement modem or other such repair but wasn't able to get any help at all.

As a last resort before I get in contact with those discussing class action or Fair Go, could someone from Vodafone please organise for my modem to be replaced, or other such repair to be made?

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 16 (176 Views)

As of Friday @iambobthefish  This should be resolved

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 16 (172 Views)

Hi Johnr - I agree that it *should* be, but confirming that it is not resolved.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 16 (168 Views)

@iambobthefishI would say you have another fault then that should be investigated further

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 16 (166 Views)

Correct. The difficulty is in getting someone to investigate.

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 10 of 16 (164 Views)

@iambobthefish  Call Vodafone after you have some example times / dates

Demand a fault ticket is logged and request the incident number and write it down, I would say you have a bad connection somewhere causing the drops and a tech visit would be required

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors