Increasing RBI Data Cap

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Increasing RBI Data Cap

by MalcolmSmith9 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 13 (645 Views)

Is there an easy way to increase the data cap on my exorbitantly expensive RBI Broadband Plan?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Increasing RBI Data Cap

by Staff nagler3 Staff
Message 2 of 13 (642 Views)

Hey @MalcolmSmith9 ,

Did you know that from 27 March until the end of June 2020 we are offering unlimited# data to our Rural Broadband customers in the low-peak time period from midnight to 9am. This is great for downloading Netflix or entertainment content at low-peak times ready for viewing the next day during high-peak

Read more

If you need to purchase flexi data for your Rural Broadband plan you can get 15GB for $20 - Learn more

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 13 (640 Views)

This doesn't answer my question - which was about how to simply increase the data cap on the plan.

I have already had to pay $60 in the past 3 days for additional data becasue Vodafone offer such a stupid plan with uncapped data from midnight to 9am. Nobody at Vodafone is however takingf any heed of this and obviously intend to keep ripping it's customers off.

Unfortunately we don't have a choice where we live or I would have got rid of anything/everything to do with Vodafone in this house. 

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff nagler3 Staff
Message 4 of 13 (623 Views)

Hey @MalcolmSmith9, if you'd like to change your plan please PM me your details and I can organise a salesperson to talk you through the options

We have 120GB and 200GB plans available with or without calling

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/rural/

Cheers,

Richard

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 13 (620 Views)

Hey Richard

Thanks for your response. I've managed to get through to the 0800 number at last and had it changed.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MelW1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 13 (534 Views)

Malcolm - did you have to pay?  I need to upgrade from the 120GB plan to the 200GB plan, but I've been told there's a $350 fee for breaking our current contract!

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff nagler3 Staff
Message 7 of 13 (530 Views)

Hi @MelW1 , the $350 Early Termination fee only applies if you disconnect the service. There are no termination charges if you wish to upgrade your plan Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MelW1 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 13 (528 Views)

Can you arrange that for me then please?  I've had a chat with a 'ninja' today who told me that it was not possible.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff nagler3 Staff
Message 9 of 13 (510 Views)

I'd love to help. Could you please PM me your account details?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 10 of 13 (508 Views)

I managed to get through on the phone yesterday and have the data cap increased to 200GB. There was no cost for doing this other than the new subscription rate.

I did however get a call this morning to advise that there has been a stuff-up with it commencing yesterday rather than tomorrow when my plan is due to renew anyway. On my phone app it is showing the 200GB and says the plan renews tomorrow. I hope this isn't going to incur an additional monthly subscription.

If it does, I will be escalating the crap service I've had from Vodafone as far up and beyond the Vodafone CEO, that I can.

I'm over-it!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to PM my account details to you and I'd prefer to not post them publicly. You guys have my phone num,bers and should be able to track these from the volumes of messages, etc.

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors