FibreX modem connection lost

Highlighted
Starter Poster

FibreX modem connection lost

by MellowDudeNZ Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (156 Views)

After pretty reliable service for many months, came home this afternoon to find the TV4400 modem sitting there with Blinking DS led, but no Online or US lights.

All was fine this morning and it's been a pretty reasonable day outside all day.

Router/Wifi/link is operating.fine.

Just internet down with the modem not having a connection.

Called Vodafone (India) they see it's offline. 1 week wait for earliest tech visit to Karori Wellington.

Any local tech want a case of beers to look sooner? 

Anybody have any ideas? (It's been power cycled, I've checked exterior termination box and internal cabling, all looks good).

I assume it's on the pole or further downstream but India support stated no other nearby reports of issues.

Anyway, any suggestions?

Posted from OPPO CPH1877
Retired Staff

Re: FibreX modem connection lost

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (147 Views)
Up to 1 week or 1 week they have given you a date / time of visit
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (145 Views)
They have given a date for the end of the week. With a family of connected device users it'll be an interesting wait. Might have to dust off some books and board games.

Previously Vodafone, downers, chorus have been able to get around for repairs a bit more promptly, I guess that's changed.

Our router and Internal network/media server and media streaming etc works fine.

Just frustrating when you have a solid 600 - 700Mbps down in the morning (wired connection) and then absolutely no signal by 3 or 4pm when the family members get home.

So without bad weather I'm assuming a line fault.

Posted from OPPO CPH1877
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)
If you have a VodafoneNZ mobile number in the house ask for ' Always connected ' to be added 100GB of mobile data for up to 4 connections in the same house!
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (93 Views)
As it turned out, I was accidentally/incorrectly unplugged from the coax breakout on the pole. Had to wait the week without service until the downers contractor jumped up his ladder and plugged us back in.
Posted from OPPO CPH1877
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors