FibreX Max Internet keeps Dropping Intermittantly

Frequent Poster

Re: FibreX Max Internet keeps Dropping Intermittantly

by Frequent Poster theflinch Frequent Poster
Message 11 of 24 (277 Views)

one more.

seems to be dropping for 2 minutes then comes back. We're not doing anything strenuous. Vodafone TV is on and just light browsing. vfdropout3.png

Frequent Poster

Message 12 of 24 (253 Views)

Wa hey. another random drop. Not much going on. bit of Netflix. browsing...... Can I quit Voda now?

20190710drop.PNG

New Poster

by ZyFinity New Poster
Message 13 of 24 (238 Views)

Im in Kapiti and have the same Fibre X Max plan and seem to be having the same issues, we have an asus rt-ac5300 router and the stock modem but it seems after only using around 150mb/s download and around 50mb/s upload simultaneously causes a drop out, it also seems that recently our internet speed has dropped from around 600mb/s download to 200mb/s download, these are also computers connected directly through ethernet while having a 1gigabit link, its really frustrating after the many calls with Vodafone not understanding our issue correctly.

Frequent Poster

Message 14 of 24 (235 Views)

A Downer tech who checked our lines mentioned others with FibreX Max having similar issues, although he said it seemed to happen with those who have Vodafone TV. A bit anecdotal I suppose, but may be something in it. I too have found it extremely frustrating dealing Voda's helpdesk and frankly I really don't want to deal with them anymore. It's just too painful. I'd rather put up with the 2 minute dropouts then try and convey the same information to a 'Ninja' all over again. I may call eventually when the dropouts become more annoying. 

Either way though, when our contract is up, it's bye bye Vodafone. 

We haven't really had any speed issues. Just the 2 minute drops and then it comes back without us doing anything. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a few days, then it can happen several times in one evening. When I ring the un-helpdesk they say they can't see any drops and ask me to reboot my modem and router and it will 'surely fix my problem'. 

based on Ping Plotter it looks like it has something to do with the first hop 203-118-185-254.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz which I think is the gateway my Technicolor TC4400 Docsis modem is connecting to?

Frequent Poster

Message 15 of 24 (206 Views)

yay another random 2 minute drop

Streaming music

Vodafone TV not even on.

nothing else downloading

20190714drop.PNG

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by djjoshee New Poster
Message 16 of 24 (186 Views)

Hey,

Just wanted to chime in here as I hadn't bothered doing any research into this until now. I have been a customer for some 8 years or so. Before FibreX max I could not fault the service. I was on a 130Mbit plan and everything was smooth sailing, no drop outs, the occasional outage (the acknowledged kind) but that's to be expected.

Having since upgraded to Max I have no end of issues with the same described behaviour. Intermittent drop outs of service where my internal network is working but nothing outbound via VF works. I run an Asus GT-AC5300 and no Vodafone TV.

I have noticed when this occurs the router log reports that it is unable to obtain an IP address via WAN. I have a VF assigned static IP address but my router is configured to dynamically pick up the static assignment. Something I haven't tried at this point is setting my static IP permanently in the router irrespective of my static assignment at VF. Maybe this will help but I can’t be certain.

I’d love to see what the outcome of this is because I see a number of threads are in progress for the same issue. Perhaps the more people that mention they have an issue the better.

+1 following

@vodafoneplease give this some attention!!

Edit: Location is Crofton Downs, Wellington

Frequent Poster

Message 17 of 24 (174 Views)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

Message 18 of 24 (157 Views)

20190715drop.PNG

....sigh

Starter Poster

by Kapiti Starter Poster
Message 19 of 24 (128 Views)

This is another me too.  Fibre X apparently now called  Ultrafast HFC ( Hybrid Fibre Coaxial)  Been so  very frustrating; has anyone got a fix yet?    Incoming HFC box  LED all shows stable green plus flickering green for Link.  I am told this as expected.  Ultrahub Internet and Phone drop out about once a day and have to power down/up on both  Incoming HFC box and Ultrahub  to restore a connection.  Uggggrhhhh.   Anyone with a fix yet??  Tks

Frequent Poster

Message 20 of 24 (126 Views)

Based on Ping Plotter I'm running, mine drops for 2 minutes and then comes back up on its own. Does yours not come back at all if you don't reboot the HFC box. Also, is your HFC box a Technicolor TC4400? Are you also on Max speed plan?

Stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors