FibreX Max Internet keeps Dropping Intermittantly

Frequent Poster

FibreX Max Internet keeps Dropping Intermittantly

by Frequent Poster theflinch Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 24 (650 Views)

hi,

we've been having intermittent issues with our FibreX Max. Ever since we upgraded to FibreX Max the internet has been dropping out. Happens on all devices over wifi and lan cable. The network doesn't drop, just the internet. The same happens with my Netgear R7000 and the Vodafone Ultra Hub. There's been a bit of back and forth between the ninja's, however we're still not getting anywhere. To be fair I've missed a few calls from the helpdesk as we've been out etc but I've always tried to call back.

There was a point I was told a tech would be sent on site to check the line but that never eventuated and when I rang was told to run through all troubleshooting steps again....also was promised a call at about 4pm on Sunday but that never happened.

It's been quite frustrating. I'm keen to give VF a chance to fix this as we've been with VF for quite a long time, but am also starting to seriously consider moving to another provider regardless of termination fee (which I don't think I should pay because it's been bad service) because I'm just sick of repeating myself. It's just been such a hassle to get someone to not make me repeat steps.

Keen to get this sorted or move on.

yours sincerely,

Frustrated.

Frequent Poster

Re: FibreX Max Internet keeps Dropping Intermittantly

Message 2 of 24 (618 Views)

Hello to anyone who's listening ...err reading... 

Earlier in the week, I spoke to someone and they decided to send a tech out. 

Downer Tech arrived on Thursday morning as promised; tested the line and replaced the Docsis modem. He had to wait a long time to get someone from VF to provision the new Docsis modem. 

So all was good we tested ok but then we encountered dropouts again. I used the online chat to speak with a 'Ninja' that evening and he got the elusive 'Tier 2 experts' to have a look. Once they applied some settings on the service the Ninja said all should be ok and to factory reset my ultrahub. So we disconnected and I factory reset my ultrahub. Whatever they did it reduced my Fibre X Max to Fibre X Min which can now only produce speeds of about 40 to 50Mbps. I don't have a problem with the speed per se, but it's not what i pay for. Along with that they broke my static IP assignment which I need for work from time to time. 

When I realised I tried to contact VF ninja's again and got the same Ninja on chat. He advised Tier 2 were no longer available which was fair enough as it was after hours, however he advised they would call me this morning between 9am and 10am. I thought I'd be proactive and contact VF first via chat, but the ninja was unable to get anyone from Tier 2 to assist at the time. and I also did not receive a call between 9am and 10am as advised last evening. 

I know these are approximate time but I've already wasted quite a bit of time trying to sort the internet drop outs with VF and now I don't have 2 services I pay for. Also the internet is still dropping out on occasion. I really don't know why I'm sticking with this as it's been very frustrating. Was it 14 days of inability to resolve an issue before my early termination fees are waived? 

anyway, i'm not sure i want to sit on hold for 20 to 60 minutes trying to get someone to sort this out. 

I'll wait to see if someone from Tier 2 will contact me as advised by the ninja i chatted to this morning, but he didn't give me an approximate time...

regards

Disgruntled. 

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 24 (601 Views)

hello. 

Ninja I spoke to today advise he would call back, however he still hasn't. It's after 5pm now and we ended our conversation at about 12pm. looks like we're putting up with slower internet bestowed on us by the tier 2 peeps last night. First world problems, aye? 

Ultrafast HFC Max is up to 900Mbps, I'm currently getting 50Mbps sooo i should only be paying 5.56% of the bill for the next few days while it's topping out at 50Mbps till it's fixed?

anyway, look forward to getting this fixed? maybe? soon?

cheers

fruhs-trey-tid

Frequent Poster

Message 4 of 24 (581 Views)

morning. 

Team Ninja leaders out there, you really need to get your staff to set expectations consistantly. I keep getting different etas for call backs for the 'technical team' or tier 2 or whoever they defer to. first it was 9am to 10am. That didn't happen. Then it was 24 hours. that didn't happen so i called the 0800 and had the joy of waiting on hold for a while again. now a chat ninja says it's 48 business hours. 

work it out. your NInjas don't seem worthy of the title at the moment. 

regards

aggravated. 

Frequent Poster

Message 5 of 24 (558 Views)

not sure if you saw this thread @wsfinest. Bit more detail on my original issue and new issues caused by a VF tech. I feel like i’ve been given the run around so far, but am waiting on a call back on Monday as advised by a Ninja. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Frequent Poster

Message 6 of 24 (544 Views)
Interestingly now we’ve only got the equivalent of VDSL down speeds we haven’t noticed a drop out. Will the dropouts return if they ever fix our speed and static ip?

Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

Message 7 of 24 (532 Views)

so it seems you really have to get the right person in the call centre.

I was supposed to wait for a call back today, but as I had plans this afternoon, I decided to try my luck and call in again. Still waited for a bit on hold but the help desk person I got saw the issue on their end rectified it and told me to power down the modem and router for 5 minutes (which I was dubious about) and power back on. Now my speeds are back up to normal and I have the correct static IP address.

While I'm grateful for her quick resolution in the moment, I'm still at a loss at why no one else I've spoken to over the last few weeks, and more so the last few days, was able to resolve this when I rang or messaged the support line/chat portal.

I still think VF need to work on setting expectations consistantly and also just having a clue like the helpdesk person did today. If I got someone like her in the first place this could have been fixed ages ago.

I'll see if we have any more dropouts, but hopefully we should be ok.

I'm still very disappointed by the VF call centre. It has been the worst call centre experience I've had, but good on the few that stick around and are on to it like today's tech.

Thanks whoever you are.

Frequent Poster

Message 8 of 24 (507 Views)

Unfortunately we're still getting drop outs

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 13.49.40.png

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the Vodafone TV being on at the same time sucking all the bandwidth and then the TC4400 modem falls over for 2 minutes. I've still got the 'excellent' UltraHub plugged in and ethernet cables have all been swapped etc. lines tested. so really not sure what else can be done. 

Oddly, when we were on the wrong speed cap, we didn't experience any dropouts. Not sure I want to put myself through call centre hell again but I will report it and if nothing is resolved done after requisite 14 days (about 6 or 7 days left i think) bye bye VF. Was good while it lasted. Thanks for all the fish. 

cheers 

exasperated and exhausted (just by VF, I'm generally ok. thanks for thinking of me Smiley Wink

Frequent Poster

Message 9 of 24 (493 Views)

Just spoke to a tech via chat support portal. He just tried to get me to factory reset my ultrahub again and guarenteed it would resolve the issue. He didn't seem to be able to read what I was telling him. And that was that I've factory reset the Ultrahub several times over the last few weeks and it hasn't resolved the dropouts. 

Guess I've got to try and get someone on the phone again. ........

Frequent Poster

Message 10 of 24 (462 Views)

bleah

vfdropout2.png

Stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors