Fibre installation

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Fibre installation

by Screaminchicken Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (79 Views)

Anyone else absolutely hating the Fibre instalation process with Vodafone/Chorus?

Booked in May, told installation would be finished by 22 July but not even started by that date. Then told it would be done by 5 August but still not finished. Finally cabled up the driveway by 9 August and Chorus now have the job as complete. However, still no cable connected to the house.

Vodafone tell me it's down to Chorus, Chorus tell me it's down to their subcontractor. Their subcontractor tells me it's down to Chorus. Chorus tell be they have the job marked as complete on 9 August and it's down to Vodafone. The local Vodafone Ninjas in the shop tell me Chorrus has dropped the ball. Called Chorus and they tell me it's definitely Vodafone. Called the  "Fibre Ninja Team" on the number provided by the local Ninja which it transpires is somewhere India and the chap on the end of the phone, obviouly trying to do his best tells me it should be completed "sometime" but he doesn't know when but it's down to Chorus. He can't give me a date, and he can't connect me to anyone who can give me a date.

Turns out that, when pressed, he actually can look into it, and it seems Chorus has not registeerd the build work as complete with Vodafone...or so I'm told but I don't really believe anyone anymore!

Can anyone recommend any good internet service providers who can deliver fibre in Auckland?

Not impressed at all - so muh of my time wasted

Retired Staff

Re: Fibre installation

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (76 Views)
You only have 1 choice in Auckland for UFB fibre install and it's ChorusNZ and it's sub contractors
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 5 (73 Views)

@Screaminchicken  Your ISP has next to nothing to do with the fibre install process until the Fibre is actually connected and the ISP to provide service

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)

It seems that this is down to Chorus and they are totally useless - that much is a matter of record. However, it is frustrating that Vodafone almost refuse to have anything to do with this issue. It's also frustrating that I have to waste so much time bouncing back and forth doing the coordination that Vodafone, as the service provider, should be doing. It's not helped by the fact that their call centre people are really hard to understand and, despite trying their best to be helpful, only really follow a script until you press the issue.

Customer Service doesn't really mean too much to Vodafone as an organisation and I pity the peple at the front end who have to deal with the publc. I always remain polite but unless you are firm you just get fobbed off time and again.

The only real reason I am still with Vodafone is that Spark are even worse!

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (39 Views)

Hey @johnr 

You seemed interested in my fibre fiasco so I thought I would give you a bit of an update. After a painful period of over an hour on the phone to Inda yesterday Vodafone confirmed that Chorus had dropped the ball and they assured me that a Chorus technician would be around today to complete the scope to connect the house. This morning I got a text message to confirm my appointment for WEDNESDAY. Phoned Chorus and they confirmed today but put me through to VisionStream (their sub-contractor)  to confirm. VisionStream told me it was definitely booked for tomorrow and that Chorus had changed the booking. Phoned Chorus back and they told me they have no capability to change a booking. They phoned VisionStream who said it had always been Wednesday, it had never been Tuesday and Vodafone had booked it for Wednesday all along.

Million dollar question. Who is lying to me or are they all just incompetent?

(actually that's two questions so they must each be $500,000 questions)

My money is that all three are lying to some degree and all three are incompetent

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5d ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors