Fibre Speeds down to less than 10mbps

Starter Poster

Fibre Speeds down to less than 10mbps

[ Edited ]
by Nairny Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

So long story short about 4 weeks ago whilst streaming football I realised the the quality was contsantly changing so i ran a speed test and found my previous acceptable 60-100mbps was down to 9 and lower.  Up to now Vodafone / Chorus / Noel Leeming (they sent a home tech out) have found no issue.  

Vodafone have replaced the router with no joy, and the next step they are attempting is to remote in to the router? however im confused because this is not the original router so the issue is not the router. Every speed test i do i get nothing over 9 point something MBPS which makes me a, layman, believe that there is something stopping it going above 9 rather than simply being a fault. 

Im just wondering whether the crowd / community has seen anything like this beofre and might be able to offer some ideas because i dont think we are getting any coser to resolving the issue a month in. Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers

Expert Contributor

Re: Fibre Speeds down to less than 10mbps

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)
Are you testing over WiFi or Ethernet? Also try replacing ethernet lead between ONT and router. If it's faulty, it could be dropping the link speed between ONT and router to 10Mbps.
Posted from Samsung SM-G973F
Starter Poster

Re: Fibre Speeds down to less than 10mbps

by Nairny Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (341 Views)
Thanks . Cable between ont and router came new with the new router and testing via both WiFi and ethernet cable.
Posted from Samsung SM-G975F
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors