Download speed

Starter Poster

Download speed

by MitchellPowrie Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (1,043 Views)

Recently my internet speed has gone from 1 MBps to 0.82 mbps and i'd like to know if its something due to the damage from the storm or if its caused my something on my end. I live in the Puhoi Area if this helps

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Download speed

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (994 Views)

Hi @MitchellPowrie - without a little more information, it really is hard to tell. A good thing to try would be to do a broadband isolation test  to investigate possible causes for slow broadband. Once you've eliminated all possibilities, it might be worth logging a fault with our tech support team so they can look into this further. Hope that helps.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (986 Views)

I've looked through the Isolation Test and none seem to be the problem. This started on the weekend you guys were affected by the storm. The Internet speed is very slowly going back to normal, as now he Download speed has changed from .8mbps to 1.2mbps so a small increase. Could this be due to cables being fixed and less rerouting?

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (977 Views)

that's still terrible speeds dude. don't you have better internet avaliable where you live?

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (952 Views)

Well it used to be quite bareable but atm its shockingly slow and the average ms atm is like over 300. Ive got no idea whats going on.

Community Manager
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 6 (914 Views)

Sorry that didn't help. Smiley Sad It might be time to give our tech support people a ring. They can check the line for errors for you and log a fault if a linesman needs to investigate.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors