Download Speed

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Download Speed

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 11 of 16 (345 Views)

They pay me nothing and i'm not trolling just giving you facts!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by HeatherMartinSaunderson Starter Poster
Message 12 of 16 (337 Views)

Time to find a different hobby Johnny. Unless you speak for the team, not interested.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 13 of 16 (315 Views)

Hi Heather

I can't somment about the call. But if you do a speedtest as mentioned before what do you get. What was the speedtest you shared the results done on a phone/laptop . Where there any others using the wifi at the time of the test. Because you 40meg up so something is affecting the download

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Hamishleif Starter Poster
Message 14 of 16 (257 Views)

Here's some info about my ongoing case which sounds similar. I have also switched to 'max speed' and am occasionally getting slower download than upload. Often getting slower speeds than when I was on 'slower' Fibre X 200. I've tested on 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi on a variety of hardware using iOS, Android, Mac OS, Ubuntu, PS4. And I have tested over ethernet from a Macbook Pro. All with dissapointing results. And never anywhere near 'max speed', even over ethernet.

I have the new hub. I use speedtest.net and Netflix's fast.com to test and do multiple tests within metres of the router when over wifi and using a brand new ethernet cable when over ethernet. I'm close to giving up and going back to my more reliable FibreX 200 (which makes zero sense?!) but just need to run through the whole setup, factory reset dance one last time in case there's something I've done incorrectly. Also, this is router No. 2 I've tested with similar results.

And as an aside related to the previous poster the sales team should make it 1000% clear that real world wifi speeds will not only be nowhere near max speed but almost certainly be similar on 'max' as on Fibre X 200.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 15 of 16 (244 Views)

@Hamishleif  Never bother testing over Wi-Fi for speed testing and have you installed the Speedtest windows App?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Hamishleif Starter Poster
Message 16 of 16 (234 Views)

Just to be clear, I also tested speeds using ethernet, a new cable and a Macbook pro and the results were still dissapointing. The websites I use are perfectly capable of testing Gbps speeds (according to the speedtest website web browsers max out around 3 Gbps so the app is only required beyond this) and my neighbour who has the same max speed fibre plan and hub used the same websites to test and got well over the promised speeds so I don't think my testing is to blame here? I'm not sure what is to blame and maybe I could borrow my neighbours computer to test my speeds but maybe I should be getting just as good speeds on a Macbook Pro over ethernet?

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors