Download Speed

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Download Speed

by HeatherMartinSaunderson Starter Poster
Message 1 of 13 (123 Views)

I've upgraded to the fastest broadband, and am paying quite a bit for this service. Never been slower. What is going on? 8.9 3.40pm.JPG

Starter Poster

Re: Download Speed

Message 2 of 13 (116 Views)

Update, just been told by their technical team that it doesn't matter how fast your broadband is, as the wireless remains unaffected (i.e. unless you are plugged in to your router, just as slow as the non premium plans). Calling tomorrow to switch back to our old service, this is obviously a have. And, I have this recorded Vodafone team so keen to hear an alternative answer...

The sales team should be stating these things outright, instead of selling plans at double the price with the same (or lesser) outcome)...

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 3 of 13 (115 Views)

Hi Heather

What was used to do this test ?. Can you try using a computer plugged in with a ethernet cable to the modem and try a test from www.speedtest.net please

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 13 (114 Views)

Again, Vodafone seem to be missing the point here. If the wireless is just as slow as it was for a less premium plan, what is the point of upgrading as the wireless will remain slow unless you're plugged in (according to your rep). Why is this not stated during the hard sale push??? 

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 13 (110 Views)

@HeatherMartinSaunderson  If you are expecting Wi-Fi to be as fast as an Ethernet connection then you are dreaming!

For correct testing you do it over Ethernet and if you are on a Windows PC install the speedtest.net App on your PC

Review this blog post by Steve Biddle done over on Geekzone

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/sbiddle/8728

Speed over Wi-Fi will be impacted by the Wi-Fi band you are connected to on the Access point 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz and the number of users around you (Wi-Fi is shared bandwidth with all other access points around you)

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 13 (108 Views)

I recorded the sales call so I have that, he specifically stated that we could have numerous devices and there would be no issue with connectivity. So...am I dreaming, or did your sales rep push **bleep** up hill, as you can't have numerous devices connected to the hub? And my, how cheeky are you darlin? Do you have an audio upload so I can share the sales call?

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 13 (102 Views)

BTW Vodafone, how much do you pay 'former employees' to troll these blogs? Outlandish.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 13 (101 Views)

Yes you can have many devices connected but as I have posted above Wi-Fi is shared public spectrum (bandwidth)

I don't need to and don't want to listen to the call, Some basic Google research will explain how Wi-Fi works

Also the Wi-Fi will get slower the further away you are for the access point

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 13 (98 Views)

Still missing the point Johnny. This is not what was stated during the sales pitch, hence that is all the evidence one needs.

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 13 (96 Views)

And how much do they pay you to respond to these blogs?

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors