Cable upload speed still at 2Mb

Regular Poster

Cable upload speed still at 2Mb

by Regular Poster JoBowers Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (789 Views)

Are Vodafone ever going to give their customers who have been round for years a break?

We are on cable and get Sky via this.  50Mb download speeds are great - but why oh why are we still limited by an archaic 2Mb upload speed??????

You only seem to get decent speeds as a new customer.  :-(

And I can't seem to find an email address to contact Vodafone about it.  I haven't got a spare 90 minutes to hang on the phone waiting to talk to someone about it  :-(

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cable upload speed still at 2Mb

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (759 Views)

Your upload speed might be capped if you're on a really old plan. Give our Sales team a ring on 0508 888 800, they'll check for you if you're able to get a newer plan with better speeds. You're likely to get a nice shiny new modem at the same time. Smiley Happy

Regular Poster

Re: Cable upload speed still at 2Mb

by Regular Poster JoBowers Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (701 Views)

Got in touch with Vodafone - pleasantly surprised that I was talking to a human within 15 minutes.

I was offered and accepted a speed upgrade that would mean uploads up to 20Mb whish is great.  Was also 'sold' the new Vodafone TV - though my bill would drop $10 per month with the changes.

Did my research about the New TV service, and ended up phoning them to cancel the TV upgrade portion as we would have a much reduced service:

- inability to record all programs on all channels (especially TV1,2,3 & Prime)

- fast forward gives NO feedback on screen so you have no idea when the ads you are skipping have finished.

- Interface sounds horrible - and as there is a technophobe in the house, I am not going there.

Tech came out on Monday and installed new modem & router anyway.  They didn't mention losing the static IP either, but not a biggy.  Then the TV cut out.  Sorted 2 hours later - the message about not cancelling the TV upgrade got 'lost' so we ended up with no service.

Happy with internet speeds (200/20) but a bit disappointed about their eagerness to upgrade us to a service which is actually a downgrade in features.  Vodafone really need to sort out the new TV service , I see a lot of their customers have gone back to the old one.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors