Broadband dropping connection

Starter Poster

Broadband dropping connection

by mell_tweety Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (300 Views)

My internet is dropping out constantly for months. Vodafone have been massively unhelpful and decided its ip to me to buy and try a new modem. I pay a massive $97 a month which I'm sure is $30 more than most people pay, for a service that I can barely use.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Retired Staff

Re: Broadband dropping connection

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (293 Views)
Are you on copper or fibre or wireless connection? If copper xDSL then the issue will 99% be with your home telephone wiring
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 6 (290 Views)
If you are on naked broadband (no home line) then remove the line filters between modem and telephone Jack point, You may need to get another lead so the line filter can be removed.
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

by mell_tweety Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (259 Views)

Do you mean replace or jusr remove alltogether?

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 6 (255 Views)

@mell_tweety  If you have a Naked broadband connection (No home line) then you should not be using line filters so then change the cable between modem and Telephone socket

But please tell us what type of connection you have, I take it copper?

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)

@mell_tweety  here is a blog post written by a good friend of mine that goes over what poor house wiring can do to a copper connection aka ADSL , VDSL

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/sbiddle/8357

With the correct setup this will make your broadband faster and far more stable

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 19w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors