2.4ghz Network/SSID not appearing

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

2.4ghz Network/SSID not appearing

by caizo Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

Hi, this is the second time I've had this issue, originally both our 5ghz and 2.4ghz network came under the same SSID and as such appeared on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz compatible devices, but a few weeks ago the network stopped appearing on devices that weren't 5ghz compatible, so after a lot of tweaking I tried seperating the two SSIDS by naming the 2.4ghz one something slightly different. This worked, the 2.4ghz network would appear on 2.4ghz compatible devices as well as show up for 5ghz compatible devices, but the 5ghz network wouldn't show up for 2.4ghz devices which was not an issue. As of last night, the 2.4ghz stopped appearing on all devices, despite Vodafone Home Gateway saying that it was online and had no issues. Since then, I've reset my router 3 times (HG659 is the router), and the afer the last reset, the only change I made to default settings was changing the name of the 2.4ghz SSID to seperate them. As of now, the 2.4ghz network is still not appearing, and I'm not sure what to do. In the past I tried changing the channel of the 2.4ghz SSID, which affected nothing. 
Any ideas about what to do? I might just be missing something super obvious since I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff. Thanks.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: 2.4ghz Network/SSID not appearing

by Regular Contributor MrMorm Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

you need to upgrade the firmware on the HG659

Its a known bug that the 2.4g wifi can stop, but the firmware fixes it

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/24400/

Starter Poster

Re: 2.4ghz Network/SSID not appearing

by caizo Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

Thank you so much worked perfectly! You're a legend!

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors