stop receiving text messages

Highlighted
Starter Poster

stop receiving text messages

by WimMertens Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (140 Views)

I keep getting text messages 'Don't wait for WIFI etc.' How do I disable this? Driving me nuts!

Highlighted
Staff

Re: stop receiving text messages

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 2 of 5 (127 Views)

Hi @WimMertens,

Usually you can just reply with STOP - there's a few messages you can't opt out of but it doesn't sound like the case here.

There's more info about these types of messages on our FAQ - https://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/7522

Cheers,

Hayden

I work in the Corporate/Government space for Vodafone, but I know a little bit about a lot of things we do. I volunteer my time on here.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (122 Views)

@hpatel Thanks for your reply. I'll do that next time. It would have been nice to add this to the text they send (similar to the unsubscribe link for emails) I believe this is actually a legal requirement. Better still, don't send messages to start with, and let people opt in first (this is also a legal requirement for email newsletters, if not best practice).

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 5 (119 Views)

@WimMertens 

Are these from a Premium SMS Service or are they from us (Vodafone)?

If they are from Vodafone, you can't opt out with the STOP response, it needs to be disabled by Customer Service.

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/11162/~/opt-out-of-vodafone-marketing-communicati...

I can do it for you if you like, Private Message me your number.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (115 Views)

@sebastianbd I don't know really, the text comes from 7245. In the app there is an option to disable notifications, which I did but I still get them. Anyways, will pm you my number and appreciate your help Smiley Happy

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 15w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors