Vodafone Sim App

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone Sim App

by AndrewS Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (713 Views)

I've got a problem with the Vodafone Sim App from continual self-installing.  It's so aggressive it'll full the home screen within a week, then it'll create a new screen itself and continue to populate that.

I've been to a Vodafone store, they didn't really have a clue, but they gave me a new sim hoping that'll solve the problem, it didn't.

There's no setting to uninstall it, and when I "Force Stop" it, it restarting itself and populates the screen even more violently.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get rid of this virus-like app?

Background info:  Android 8.0

1 - Copy.jpg2 - Copy.jpg

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone Sim App

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (709 Views)
Where did you get that handset from? Looks like to me the issue is the handset and does not handle STK (SIM Took kit) very well
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (701 Views)

It's a Nokia 5.  My previous phone Galaxy A5 had the same issues.  I doubt it's the handset, but even if it is, is there a way around it?

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 8 (698 Views)
You could ask for a SIM with no STK they are available I use to look after sim cards end to end

You will need to find the right person in VodafoneNZ to speak to but a telemetry sim has no STK I can't remember the SIM profile number
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 8 (688 Views)

@AndrewS  This is 100% a handset issue and not related to the SIM tool Kit

If this was a SIM card issue then it would impact every handset,

Have you got a custom launcher or something odd installed you have changed the handset from factory OS or something!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 8 (677 Views)

Thanks for that.

Currently up to 9 installed, 5 more in less than 24 hours.

OS is standard, barely any apps too.

I know you're blaming the phone, but the phone didn't have this app pre-installed, it's obviously being 'push' installed from the SIM.  So the SIM is cause the phone to freak out.

All I want to know is how to stop it.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 8 (674 Views)
Well it's the phone for sure as never seen this before on any other handset
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 8 (670 Views)
I would raise it with Nokia mobile VodafoneNZ can't help you as they did not sell you the handset
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors