Poor Vodafone Mobile service

Highlighted
Contributor

Poor Vodafone Mobile service

by Contributor gr0unded Contributor
Message 1 of 6 (401 Views)

Good morning. I have a Samsung J5 Pro. A reasonable enough phone, about a year old. However:

Frequently when I arise in a morning my phone shows no signal and "emergency calls only"

Text messages sent from within my own home can take hours to arrive at my phone;

I get Vodafone texts advising me I have missed a call but my phone has not rung and my history shows no missed calls;

I receive voicemail messages for calls I never received.

I had a Vodafone (?) technician check my area and he says there are no signal problems. When I raised this with the local Vodafone store Ninja I was advised to remove my SIM card and replace it. No surprises it did not resolve the problem.

So, what gives? Why is this happening and, most importantly, how can I "miss" calls that never register on my phone?

Thanks

Chris

Retired Staff

Re: Poor Vodafone Mobile service

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (372 Views)

@gr0unded  The coverage outside the house and on the street might be OK but inside it's not (Coverage blackspot inside)

So you need to look at Sure Signal if you have have home fixed broadband

Coverage maps are a guide line only and do not reflect inbuidling coverage

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Contributor

Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

Good evening John and thank you for your interest and your response. At the risk of sounding ungrateful  I am not certain the problem is my house in some way impeding the 3G or 4G signal as it is no better in my garden. I believe the Sure Signal kit costs a couple of hundred bucks so it may be cheaper to switch to Spark? And it still does not explain why I get a text on my phone, in my home, to inform me I have missed a call which never made it to my phone.

Chris

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (362 Views)

You get the ' Who Called ' SMS cause the incoming call went direct to the Voice mail platform and did not reach your phone and the calling person did not leave a voice message,

(As the network could not page your handset then the call will not show in the call log on it)

Stand on the roof of your house if you wish and good chance the coverage will be better, Standing in your garden means nothing as the serving cell could be actually in the other direction,

Coverage is best effort and it might be cause your house is in a bit of a dip, ETC...... Radio is quite complex when you get right into it like Wi-Fi

Sure Signal units are a fantastic option also 2degrees offers Wi-Fi calling

Edit: Azimuth is something to Google and read about, This might help you understand more

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (348 Views)

Vodafone will Offer Wifi calling soon.

Contributor

Message 6 of 6 (329 Views)

Thanks Christopher, but presumably (as my house is a wi-fi faraday cage) when I do not get calls I will be told that wi-fi services are on a theoretical maximum and the carrier is not responsible for the level of service received. (Paraphrasing John, but it is something like that).

Chris

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 27w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors