Nokia 7.2 not connecting to mobile data

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Nokia 7.2 not connecting to mobile data

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 1 of 10 (218 Views)
Since the upgrade to Android 10 my phone won't connect to mobile data. I have been given two different APNs - vodafone and life.vodafone.com - because I had trouble sending/receiving multi media messages via text messenger previously (issue still persists). Neither works. Very frustrating not being able to access the internet or any mobile app while travelling. Not sure why I'm paying for mobile data if I can't use it? Also, the MMS issue has never been resolved! I'm from Dunedin.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Staff

Re: Nokia 7.2 not connecting to mobile data

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 2 of 10 (211 Views)

Hi @PetraH,

Try resetting the network settings as your phone should pick up the APNs from your SIM card. According to Nokia you'll need to go to Settings > Network & Internet > three vertical dots > Reset.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try would be our APN settings tool. This will send a message with the right settings for your phone - but make sure you only use the Internet and MMS options as the WAP option can cause issues on Android phones.

Cheers,

Hayden

I work in the Corporate/Government space for Vodafone, but I know a little bit about a lot of things we do. I volunteer my time on here.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 3 of 10 (192 Views)
Hi @hpatel,
Thank you Hayden, I followed the instructions in your response. Have reset the network settings and restarted the phone multiple times. Also used the OTA tool three times to request correct APN settings. No success. The phone still won't connect to mobile data. Do you have any other suggestions Hayden? Thanks for trying to help!
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 10 (184 Views)

Is the date and time set correctly on the handset?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 5 of 10 (180 Views)
@sebastianbd, thanks for asking. Yes! Date and time are set correctly.
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Message 6 of 10 (175 Views)

It's definitely going to be a configuration issue on the handset. Especially given the fact it only stopped working after a Software upgrade on the handset (The way I read your post, is that it was working fine until you did the SW upgrade). Nokia 7.2 Handset is not something we (Vodafone) sell. And from my experience with the Nokia handsets they don't pick up our APN's by default, they require the manual configuration of the settings for it to work. These are the kind of problems you run into if you buy a handset from a 3rd Party.

I would suggest to firstly, go into your settings, and delete any and all the APN's that are configured in the list. Create a new one from scratch as per the below details:

Name: VFNZ Internet
APN: vodafone
Proxy: 
Port: 
Username: 
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MMS Protocol:
MCC: 530
MNC: 01
Authentication Type:
APN Type: default, supl

These are the details for the Internet Access APN settings. After configuring these, reboot your mobile, make sure Mobile Data is turned on, and test again.

You can also configure the secondary APN for MMS messages as below, but try get the internet one sorted firstly

Name: MMS
APN: live.vodafone.com
Proxy: 
Port: 
Username: 
Password:
Server: 
MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
MMS Proxy: 172.30.38.3
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 530
MNC: 01
Authentication Type:
APN Type: mms

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Message 7 of 10 (174 Views)

RE: MMS issue, I guess that is caused as you have the wrong APN configured for MMS as well your posts states "life.vodafone.com". The correct APN for MMS is "live.vodafone.com"

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 8 of 10 (162 Views)
@sebastianbd, thank you so much for posting those APN settings. Mobile data connection is finally working again! FYI, had to choose Authentication Type PAP, then APN Type self-populated after reboot 'default,mms,supl,dun,hipri,fota,cbs' and APN Protocol 'IPv4'.
MMS still not working. MMS Protocol 'WAP2.0' isn't supported, there is only IPv4 and IPv6 available. I guess I can do without MMS. - Really glad that mobile internet access is working now. Thanks again for your help Sebastian! Much appreciated.
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Message 9 of 10 (160 Views)

@PetraHNo problem at all. Glad it's working for you now Smiley Happy

For MMS, try IPv4.. See if it works.

Cheers

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 10 of 10 (155 Views)
@sebastianbd - doesn't, unfortunately. Tries downloading media (image) attached to text message and then gets stuck. Cog keeps rotating forever and I have to restart the phone to stop this. No worries though, I'm so happy that internet access is working now. Thanks again!
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 7w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors