Nokia 7.2 SIM card issues after upgrade to Android10

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Nokia 7.2 SIM card issues after upgrade to Android10

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (231 Views)

After receiving the upgrade to Android10 yesterday, my Nokia 7.2 has stopped sending text messages. Have checked the settings and restarted multiple times but the problem persists.

When first setting up the phone I had trouble getting the mobile internet connection going due to erroneous Access Point information. Wondering if this could be a similar problem, or if Vodafone are aware of any glitches due to the Android 10 rollout affecting the messaging functionality? I have an unlocked dual SIM phone (of which I'm currently using only one) and I'm on a prepaid plan.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Re: Nokia 7.2 SIM card issues after upgrade to Android10

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (220 Views)
Sounds like a known issue with VoLTE. Try either switching off VoLTE, or locking phone to 3G.
Posted from Samsung SM-G973F
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (209 Views)
@coffeebaron - Thank you! Switching off VoLTE resolved the problem for me. Many thanks for the swift response.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 4 of 9 (206 Views)
@coffeebaron - any suggestion what might prevent my phone from opening and sending MMS?
Highlighted
New Poster

by LeslieKen New Poster
Message 5 of 9 (65 Views)
I am also interested in this topic, since I have had exactly the same issues with my new Nokia 7.2 - resolved with these very helpful posts.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (57 Views)
Glad to hear you could fix those issues. - Does your phone process MMS? Mine still doesn't! Everything else is working fine but I've given up on MMS functionality. When someone tries to exchange with me pics or videos I have to redirect them to WhatsApp! It's ridiculous given it's supposed to be a modern phone and MMS is activated in all relevant settings. If you managed to get MMS working correctly on your Nokia 7.2 I'd be keen to learn how.
Posted from Nokia 7.2
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 7 of 9 (49 Views)

have a look in the phone settings. For those phones I think you need to make sure the MMS (SMS) is using the moible connection and not IP connection (usually referred to as CS or Circuit Swtiched). MMS and SMS dont go over the data internet connection but the phone could be set to do that post upgrade.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PetraH Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (39 Views)
Thank you, sounds logical. The phone uses currently VFNZ Internet APN, and there is only one setting for both mobile and internet. The APN details I've been given don't include MMS settings. So if you - or anybody else within the community - could give me the full VFNZ APN settings for internet AND MMS/SMS connection that apply to Nokia 7.2 Android10 I'd be over the moon.
Posted from Nokia 7.2
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 9 of 9 (35 Views)

@PetraH 

I already provided you the VodafoneNZ MMS APN config settings in this thread: https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Android/Nokia-7-2-not-connecting-to-mobile-data/m-p/230724#M1085... and the APN is not handset dependent this is network dependent.

Name: MMS
APN: live.vodafone.com
Proxy: 
Port: 
Username: 
Password:
Server: 
MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
MMS Proxy: 172.30.38.3
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 530