Data use seems excessive

New Poster

Data use seems excessive

by ANNELIE New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (787 Views)

Hi,, Last week i chated to someone at vodafon regarding my data... Acoording to my stats i used $15 (300mb) data in an hour, i just added $25 this morning... and now it is gone.. YEs i went on FB but not $25 worth, is there someting eating my $?

Ninja Adept

Re: Data use seems excessive

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 3 (783 Views)

Hi there. Could be lots of things. Maybe a video played while you were on Facebook in HD quality due to having a fast 4G connection.

Maybe there are background apps running.

You've posted this in the Android forum so fortunately you most likely have a good data usage monitor built into the device. E.G on my Samsung S7 I can swipe down from the top of my screen and go to settings (the little geat shaped icon) then go to connections, data usage then mobile data usage.

It gives me a graph i can slide to look at certain times/dates and further below a breakdown of which apps used how much data in that period.

The steps to get this data usage might vary depending on the model of your device and it's current operating system version. If you can't find it yourself a bit of googling should be able to show what to do.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Data use seems excessive

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 3 (766 Views)

@ANNELIE wrote:

Hi,, Last week i chated to someone at vodafon regarding my data... Acoording to my stats i used $15 (300mb) data in an hour, i just added $25 this morning... and now it is gone.. YEs i went on FB but not $25 worth, is there someting eating my $?

Are you buying a data bundle? Or just using the credit balance on casual data? If on casual data ($0.50 per MB) that $25 will not get you very far... 5 mins I would reckon

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors