Vodafone Configuration iphone

Highlighted
New Poster

Vodafone Configuration iphone

by Ash1 New Poster
Message 1 of 11 (764 Views)

What do i do here? I have no idea why Vodafone have to configure my phone? is this a new thing??NZ Vodafone ConfigIMG_0153.JPG

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Vodafone Configuration iphone

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 11 (759 Views)

I've never seen this before?

Are you connecting to a WiFi network? Have you installed something new on your phone? Do you have a Vodafone SIM in the phone? 

You shouldn't need any configuration to connect to our mobile network.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Starter Poster

by jessaay Starter Poster
Message 3 of 11 (706 Views)
My iPhone 6 Plus is also doing this. I have connected through WIFI and using mobile data and it still asks for Vodafone configuration. It has a Vodafone SIM card inserted. It was restored and is now showing this screen. What do we do now?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 11 (694 Views)

You can get your phone settings sent by txt you will need to get those set up right for data etc.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 11 (685 Views)
Can you click on the 'About Configuration' button and send screenshots of what comes up..?
I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 11 (667 Views)

Sorry about my screen, makes things a bit difficult to read. image.jpeg

Posted from Apple iPhone
Vodafone Ninja

Message 7 of 11 (661 Views)

Have you been in touch with us recently at all regarding mobile or email?

This is something commonly used by companies to install email on their employee's phones and to manage their settings, or install custom apps.

Can you go back out of it, or press the home button to exit? Can you get mobile service when you have the sim in?

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 11 (653 Views)
No haven't been in touch with anyone about this phone yet except for in this community page.

I can exit out of the configuration screen but it is in the set up as new phone start up menu. It gets service when the sim is in but doesn't go past the configuration page.

this phone was bought second hand and it was shown working and going through all apps etc and was not iCloud locked or anything like that. The seller restored the iPhone back to factory settings before it was picked up and now it is showing this screen, also the seller has no idea what configuration means either..
Posted from Apple iPhone
Vodafone Ninja

Message 9 of 11 (646 Views)

So there's no way to complete the iphone setup, to get to the home screen without going past that? Have you tried with both fields blank, or with spaces?

Have you tried another networks SIM in the phone.

You may need to contact Apple regarding this one unfortunately, as even Vodafone employee's iPhone's aren't setup like this.

- Sam

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 11 (640 Views)
Nah, there's no way to get to home screen other than putting in username and password. The next button isn't clickable with both fields blank. Have tried using my Vodafone account details and that won't work either. I have tried a spark sim and it still goes to the configuration screen after location services screen.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 16w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today