Switching back to original Sim following use of a different International Sim

Highlighted
New Poster

Switching back to original Sim following use of a different International Sim

[ Edited ]
by ChadGoering New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (88 Views)

I have just returned from travelling in the US. While there, I used a pre-paid tracfone sim card for my iPhone SE because the Vodafone International roaming networks did not have service in the area I was in. I am now on my way back to New Zealand, with a long layover in Australia. I had planned on using International Roaming while here, however, when I re-inserted my original vodafone sim card, the vodafone AU network shows up with full service, but I have no data connection. I'm sure there's a step that I missed, but nothing I have tried is working. Suggestions?

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Switching back to original Sim following use of a different International Sim

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 3 (76 Views)

Hi @ChadGoering

Are you Prepay or On Account. If Prepay is there a current active plan on your connection (you may need to top up). If you're On Account is data roaming enabled in the settings on your iPhone SE?

It would seem your connection is still active as your are getting "Vodafone AU" with service.

Regards

Rochelle

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Switching back to original Sim following use of a different International Sim

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

@ChadGoering

Correct the APN set on handset back to 'vodafone'

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today