Red Light Mobile plan - GOING OVERSEAS?

New Poster

Red Light Mobile plan - GOING OVERSEAS?

by KimmyPemberton New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (107 Views)

Hello!

I am currently on the Red Light plan where I pay around $125 per month for my iPhone 6. When I purchased the phone, it was in-store and $99 upfront for the phone immediately. Therefore the payment per month goes towards paying off the phone at the same time. 

In a few weeks I go overseas for several months and because of this, I am just wondering if I'm able to stop my plan until I come back to New Zealand? This is only because I am going to join the service provider over there (America).

I went into Vodafone Newmarket yesterday and was told that I would have to continue paying my $125 per month - even if I won't be using it!?

If anyone has any answers, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Re: Red Light Mobile plan - GOING OVERSEAS?

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

KimmyPemberton wrote:

Hello!

I am currently on the Red Light plan where I pay around $125 per month for my iPhone 6. When I purchased the phone, it was in-store and $99 upfront for the phone immediately. Therefore the payment per month goes towards paying off the phone at the same time. 

In a few weeks I go overseas for several months and because of this, I am just wondering if I'm able to stop my plan until I come back to New Zealand? This is only because I am going to join the service provider over there (America).

I went into Vodafone Newmarket yesterday and was told that I would have to continue paying my $125 per month - even if I won't be using it!?

If anyone has any answers, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!

Hi @KimmyPemberton

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Unfortunately suspensions are not allowed with MDP you will need to pay the remaining amount that you still owe on the handset upfront if you wish to suspend your plan (you can stop a plan for up to 3 months)

Hope this helps

- Chris 

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Red Light Mobile plan - GOING OVERSEAS?

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Hi @KimmyPemberton@Christopher is right.

You don't need to continue paying for the plan, but in order to do this, you need to pay off the remaining balance of your phone with us, then we can either suspend your number for up to 3 months, or if you're going to be away longer, we can move it to prepay. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today