Broken iPhone 7 - Insurance

New Poster

Broken iPhone 7 - Insurance

[ Edited ]
by ChantalVale New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

Hi there,

So I accidently knocked my iphone 7 128gb phone off the kitchen bench and it landed face down on our kitchen floor. The screen is black and wont turn on or anything. It's buggered.

I have contents insurance through ASB and was wondering how much it would be to upgrade to the iphone 7+ 128gb?

My excess is $250, but I am wanting to know how much extra I would need to pay to upgrade to the 7+ 128gb?

Also, I brought this phone from Spark (not on a contract), but changed my network to Vodafone about 2/3 months ago. Would I go into Vodafone or Spark to get the new phone?

Thanks,

Chantal

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Broken iPhone 7 - Insurance

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

These are all questions for the ASB not Vodafone.

Depends whether ASB provides you a cash payment for the phone, or if they decide to replace it.

If cash payment, then you pay difference between payment given by ASB and the price of a new iPhone 7+ 128GB.

If replacement then maybe they will not even give you the option to upgrade.

You will not go into a Vodafone Store or to a Spark store, your dealings will be with your insurance company (ASB) and they will explain what you need to do to get a replacement..

Cheers

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today