Apple Watch Cellular

Starter Poster

Apple Watch Cellular

by 0212769639 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,642 Views)
Hello, now that Vodafone Australia has released NumberSync which supports Apple Watch 3 Cellular will NZ also or will this be another service (like Visual VoiceMail) NZ don’t get?
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Poster

Re: Apple Watch Cellular

by XiyuSu New Poster
Message 2 of 5 (1,591 Views)

I think NZ will follow AU using the same technology. It is likely that the celullar version in AU will also be available in NZ in the future because they use the same network and frequencies, just like iPhone (I had a glance at the networks that NZ and AU version iphones support, exactly the same). Remember I bought an iPhone, it was shipped from AU, which means Apple does not tailor products for NZ and we use the same model as AU. So just a guess for the watch, it will be the same stuff.

Starter Poster

by GeerIseke Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (1,586 Views)

I wish you were right, but it isnt as simple as this as the  backend billing  systems that Vodafone run are different between Aust and NZ and even though VF AUST has implemented, it will still require a systems upgrade by VFNZ..

so the question remains, when will this occur?

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by Kiwiguy1 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (1,362 Views)

Come on Vodafone lots of people have been searching and viewing this so there is a demand. Get a team to sort it out please!

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by GeerIseke Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (1,359 Views)

VFNZ are  playing difficult and being obtuse, see this thread...

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Mobile-services/eSim-Numbersync/m-p/217388#M28754

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors