Vodafone WP8 App

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Vodafone WP8 App

by Contributor Robbie Contributor
Message 1 of 19 (1,552 Views)

Lets go Vodafone, it's time for an official Vodafone WP8 app!

Any word?

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone WP8 App

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 5 of 19 (1,946 Views)

Hi @Robbie ,

I've spoken with the app team about this in the past. They're very interested, and want to look at options going forward, but there needs to be a certain number of device activations on the network before the business case can be made. Microsoft and Nokia are aware of this, so every bit helps (Can't talk numbers, sorry).

In the meantime, the focus is on our responsive web design and advanced self service features on the Vodafone mobile site, as this is cross-platform.

Cheers,

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Contributor

by Contributor MatthewWallace Contributor
Message 2 of 19 (1,546 Views)

Could not have put it better myself, they had one for the Nokia Lumia 800 WP7

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 3 of 19 (1,541 Views)
If this happens then it would be announced on/after release. Currently no timeframe. There's still the mobile site m.vodafone.co.nz which has quite good bit of functionality to it.
Contributor

Message 4 of 19 (1,513 Views)

Thanks Kieran. I do use the the mobile website which works fine but for me an official app signals Vodafone NZ is really getting behind the WP platform.

Live in hope Smiley Happy

Retired Staff

Message 5 of 19 (1,947 Views)

Hi @Robbie ,

I've spoken with the app team about this in the past. They're very interested, and want to look at options going forward, but there needs to be a certain number of device activations on the network before the business case can be made. Microsoft and Nokia are aware of this, so every bit helps (Can't talk numbers, sorry).

In the meantime, the focus is on our responsive web design and advanced self service features on the Vodafone mobile site, as this is cross-platform.

Cheers,

- Nik

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 6 of 19 (1,473 Views)

Thanks Nik, I thought this would be the case but I am still going to keep nagging Smiley Happy
I would propose an alternative business case to develop a Vodafone universal app to run on Windows 8 PCs & WP Handsets for your customers to view their Landline, Broadband & Mobile information – Don’t hate me for trying!

The frustrating thing from my point of view is that it is totally a chicken & egg situation. A lot of developers don’t want to make an app until the platform gets bigger but then a lot of people don’t want to buy WP handsets because there aren’t as many apps available. I think for a lot of people it shouldn’t be an issue but unfortunately perception is reality.

Seriously though I don’t expect understand that Vodafone will change their mind anytime soon but I hope they can see the value in investing in the platform. For WP being the smallest of the main 3, things like stocking a handful of accessories & Vodafone backing it by having an official app available go a long way & I am positive sales will increase as a result.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor BadCowz Contributor
Message 7 of 19 (1,431 Views)

Do user account and usage applications fall outside the category of 'carrier services'?

Retired Staff

Message 8 of 19 (1,411 Views)

BadCowz wrote:

Do user account and usage applications fall outside the category of 'carrier services'?

There's a (large) cost associated with the development & maintenance of the mobile apps we have. Both iOS and Android did have to hit a certain threshold of device activations in order for the business case to build those apps to become viable. Windows Phone is getting there - and the sooner the better in my book - but the userbase does need to grow before an app can be built. If it were a cheap and easy thing to do, I'm sure the team would have built a Windows Phone 8 app from the get-go, because they do know how much the folks who have Windows Phones want one. Smiley Happy

The best thing anyone interested in a Vodafone NZ Windows Phone 8 app can do is encourage friends & family to use Windows Phones on the Vodafone network.

Contributor

by Contributor BadCowz Contributor
Message 9 of 19 (1,407 Views)

ok, I am glad IE11 on WP8.1 remembers passwords Smiley Wink

Where (URL) should I be going to get my latest data usage?

I think I will use datsence and just check if I am close.  The only other thing I use the app for is payment and to check out of plan spend.  Can the same credit card I loaded in the app be use for payment off the website?

Cheers

Contributor

by Contributor Valleyman Contributor
Message 10 of 19 (1,360 Views)

I for one are in great favour of an offical Vodfone App for Windows Phones, the more who post on here saying yes to an offical app the better.

Stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 23 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today