The Nokia Lumia 930 - Coming soon to Vodafone

Retired Staff
Accepted Solution

The Nokia Lumia 930 - Coming soon to Vodafone

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 1 of 71 (3,383 Views)

Hey folks,

I'm very pleased to announce that the Nokia Lumia 930, Nokia's flagship Windows Phone for 2014, will shortly be making its New Zealand debut as a Vodafone exclusive. With a 5", 1080p screen, a 20MP PureView camera, stereo sound recording, wireless charging, and all the shiny new goodness that comes with Windows Phone 8.1, there's a lot to like. I've had a brief play with an early unit, and can't wait to get my hands on the final product.

Coming-Soon-Nokia930.jpg

Check out our Coming Soon page for more info and to register for updates. We'll have a full review of the Lumia 930 and Windows Phone 8.1 right here on Vodafone Community in the coming weeks.

EDIT: The Lumia 930 is now available on the Vodafone Online Shop, and at retail stores nationwide.

Cheers!

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: The Nokia Lumia 930 - Coming soon to Vodafone

Message 4 of 71 (4,241 Views)

Hey Matt,

Plans and pricing are still being finalised. I would (personally) expect it to be aligned with current market offers for comparable flagship handsets. Should be more info in the near future.

Cheers,

- Nik

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Contributor

by Contributor Robbie Contributor
Message 2 of 71 (3,350 Views)

Great news vodafone!

Now hopefully we will see an official vodafone WP app in the store soon too Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

by Contributor MatthewWallace Contributor
Message 3 of 71 (3,343 Views)

Any idea on the price and plans, i want to sign up for one now.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Message 4 of 71 (4,242 Views)

Hey Matt,

Plans and pricing are still being finalised. I would (personally) expect it to be aligned with current market offers for comparable flagship handsets. Should be more info in the near future.

Cheers,

- Nik

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Contributor

Message 5 of 71 (3,202 Views)

$0 and $119 a month on a 24 month, that is a little pricey and no where in line on plans that will be offered in the USA.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 6 of 71 (3,198 Views)
Any LTE 700 ??
Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

Message 7 of 71 (3,172 Views)

MatthewWallace wrote:

$0 and $119 a month on a 24 month, that is a little pricey and no where in line on plans that will be offered in the USA.

In the US, the 930 is a Verizon exclusive, known as the Lumia Icon. It's network locked, and costs $199.99US upfront on a minimum $100.00US/month plan, which includes 500MB of data. So you're quite right, Vodafone NZ's offerings aren't in line with that - the data speeds we offer are a little better as well. Smiley Happy

Again, plans and pricing have not been confirmed.

coffeebaron wrote:
Any LTE 700 ??

Looks like bands 1, 3, 7, 8, & 20, according to Nokia's specs page. HTC really are ahead of the pack in offering band 28 on the M8, but by the time it's widespread, I'm sure everyone will be champing at the bit for another year's crop of tasty flagship devices.

Contributor

Message 8 of 71 (3,153 Views)

That is 50% right, with Verizon in the USA, the Lumia Icon/930 phone will cost you $199. The plan will cost you you $90, with that plan you get Unlimited Talk & Text with 2GB of data, and that is fact. I can send you the information that i have in front of me if you wish to see it.

Staff Lon
Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff Lon Staff
Message 9 of 71 (3,131 Views)

MatthewWallace wrote:

That is 50% right, with Verizon in the USA, the Lumia Icon/930 phone will cost you $199. The plan will cost you you $90, with that plan you get Unlimited Talk & Text with 2GB of data, and that is fact. I can send you the information that i have in front of me if you wish to see it.

In your own words, you said that our plans are not inline with the USA plans. Can you please explain how the above is not inline with our own $99 plan, since we offer far better speeds, unlimited talk and texts, shared data and $5 global roaming rates for $99?

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Retired Staff

Message 10 of 71 (3,119 Views)

MatthewWallace wrote:

I went to the Verizon site to confirm the costs as a new customer before posting ($199 upfront, $70 per month for talk & text, minimum data plan is $30 for 500MB), but they're not really comparable markets at all. Verizon's network is much more proprietary than Vodafone NZ's, in that it is not as simple as bringing any phone you like that supports the correct bands - Not to mention the standard US device activation fees. The Icon has been specifically manufactured as a Verizon-only variant. It does not support NZ's LTE bands, and has been locked out from other US operators, meaning the cost equation for supply of & support for that device between Nokia USA & Verizon is considerably different than that between Nokia NZ & Vodafone.

Given the size of the US, the average spend per month of US mobile customers, & most importantly, the difference in scale between customer bases (NZ's entire mobile market is a drop in the bucket), these just are not 1:1 comparisons on dollar value alone. NZ fundamentally isn't going to move as many units of any given device as the US does, so the cost of the hardware are going to be quite different in both directions. It's apples and oranges. Smiley Happy

That said, I personally think our mobile market is in a fantastic place right now. We've got world-leading speeds and technology, plus stacks of options from entry-level Prepay to high-end On Account, and more developments on a daily basis.

When the pricing for the Lumia 930 is released, you certainly won't be limited to taking the device on a higher-cost contract to get it free upfront. You can get a smaller subsidy on a lower-cost monthly plan, you can trade in your old device for a discount, you can buy it outright from Vodafone and use it on Prepay, or you can purchase it from a retailer like Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, or Dick Smith when they have a sale. If you've seen our Monthly Device Payment options, they're a great way to pay off a device interest free as well.

Stats
  • 70 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 28 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today