Nokia lumia 925 dropping signal

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Nokia lumia 925 dropping signal

by antipodeansam Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (3,914 Views)
Hey guys, I recently purchased a sim free nokia lumia 925 from the uk. I put my micro sim from htc 8s in and it seems to work fine except it consistently fluctuates between 3 bars of 3G signal down to no service in my house in sumner. Signal can be a little sketchy out here but never had no service on my previous handsets, the network search when signal drops finds 2 degrees and telecom no problem. I then get texts etc hours after sent. Is this a device problem or a network problem? Thanks

Sam
Posted from Apple iPad

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Partner

Re: Nokia lumia 925 dropping signal

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 7 (4,899 Views)

Hi Antipodeansam

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

You say coverage has been sketchy in the past at that location. Have you checked the coverage map?

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/network/coverage/

Hard to say whether this is an issue with your mobile from overseas. Have you tested the SIM in another handset in the same location and if so, have you had any other issues? If not, I would suggest doing this first.

Mary

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Partner

Message 2 of 7 (4,900 Views)

Hi Antipodeansam

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

You say coverage has been sketchy in the past at that location. Have you checked the coverage map?

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/network/coverage/

Hard to say whether this is an issue with your mobile from overseas. Have you tested the SIM in another handset in the same location and if so, have you had any other issues? If not, I would suggest doing this first.

Mary

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by antipodeansam Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (3,911 Views)
Hey Mary,

Yep sim works fine in my htc 8s, coverage map shows full bars for calls and one bar for 3G broadband. My partners phone lumia 520 has consistent 3 bars in same location. No other issues with phone, wifi works great, haven't tried mms

Thank sam
Posted from Apple iPad
Trusted Partner

Message 4 of 7 (3,904 Views)

If the SIM works fine in your other mobile then it looks like its pointing to the Nokia in that case. 

Mary

Ninja Master

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 5 of 7 (3,894 Views)

Coverage map reflects outdoor coverage not inbuiding, If issue only happens with SIM in one handset then that rules out network

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 6 of 7 (3,890 Views)

Other factors not all phones are made equal in the antennae department...also factors like if the phone has ever had some impact damage could be contributors. Sumner could do with some better coverage too for that matter - it hasn't gone through our Speed 3 project yet which means that we don't have active U900 alongside U2100 there. Also note that 3G is used for voice/sms as well. Maybe try changing your settings down to 2G/GSM only and see if signal is more steady rather than having your phone potentially switching between both.

Contributor

by Contributor MatthewWallace Contributor
Message 7 of 7 (2,903 Views)

I have the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 925, i have used a Telecom and 2degrees and they work fine. So it seems to be a Vodafone coverage problem.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today