New phone SIM promo

Expert Contributor
Accepted Solution

New phone SIM promo

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (1,185 Views)

So, I finally took the plunge and upgraded my classic Nokia N8 to the new Nokia Lumia 930. As part of the purchase I received a new blank nano SIM card and got my prepay phone number transferred across to the new SIM. I also received another Prepay SIM card which said it has a special offer onboard and to go here: http://www.vodafone.co.nz/simpromo/ to find out more. The deal is the first 30 days of the $29 carryover plan are free. However, I have no reason to use the new SIM card with a new number - is there any way that I can get this promo loaded onto my existing account instead?

I know that 2degrees issue a code which can added to an existing account or a new one rather than having it on a new SIM.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Re: New phone SIM promo

Message 4 of 4 (1,987 Views)

I can't seem to edit my last post, but just checked my account information now and that credit appears to have gone through today - better late than never, and all resolved now. Thanks for your help Hamish! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff HamishT Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (1,141 Views)

Good Afternoon @Kenny,

Thanks for your post on our Community and congratulations on your new upgrade! Smiley Happy
Are you able to confirm with us where you purchased your Nokia Lumia 930?

Cheers,

Hamish T
Social Media Advisor

Expert Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (1,133 Views)

Hi @HamishT,

Thanks for your reply. I ended up calling 777 about this one, and spoke to a number of different people.

I was initially told that the promotion is only for new customers and as such is limited to those SIMs and can't be transferred and that I should sell the SIM or use it for a month and change back to my current SIM (which isn't overly practical). I then was put through to another person who said that if I wasn't going to use that new SIM, he could put $19 on my existing account instead. After the call, he even sent me a text to say he had done this, but funnily enough that credit never came through.

This is all in the notes on my account apparently - I could PM you my number if that helps?

I can accept that the benefits loaded on a SIM are specific to that SIM (even though I think that is a less than ideal promotion), but I don't appreciate being told they'll do one thing and then just not do it - that's my main complaint.

Thanks,

Kenny

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (1,988 Views)

I can't seem to edit my last post, but just checked my account information now and that credit appears to have gone through today - better late than never, and all resolved now. Thanks for your help Hamish! Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today