remote not pairing

Starter Poster

remote not pairing

by ccristobal Starter Poster
Message 1 of 15 (597 Views)

just got my vodafone tv yesterday. tried to set it up last night, but to no avail. the issue is the remote not pairing (even after all steps taken). been trying to call the helpline but no answer (after 6x of 15mins). has anyone got this issue before and been resolved.

Staff

Re: remote not pairing

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 15 (587 Views)

Hi @ccristobal

Do you now have the new Vodafone TV (small square set top box?)

Unsure what you mean, as the current remote is infrared so does not require pairing to the set top box.  Or, do you mean you are trying to get it to control your TV set?

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 15 (582 Views)

the setup stop while pairing the remote, see image . even if the click the (3 + yellow) it does work.

IMG_3516.JPG

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 15 (576 Views)

Hi @ccristobal

This isn't normal, you should not have to do this.

When your set top box starts up, do you see a Vodafone Logo or a Sky logo?

Can you please also PM me with your account number, so we can work out what your set top box is up to?

Thanks,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 15 (573 Views)

1. it does shows the vodafone tv logo at start up

2. then stops on that pairing part 

3. and then gives SA005 code error.

IMG_3515.JPG IMG_3516.JPG   IMG_3517.JPG

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 6 of 15 (347 Views)

If you see the SA005 error, it means that the set-top box has not been provisioned. Can you please check that the box is connected to the internet, via Ethernet cable or the WiFi extenders? If you still see the SA005 error when connected to the internet, you will need to call Vodafone customer help for resolution. 

Starter Poster

by Bfknz Starter Poster
Message 7 of 15 (363 Views)
My Brotther just got signed up to the new Vodafone Tv. They have a complicated setup with two Logitech harmony 900 remotes. I cannot get it to learn the commands. Does anyone know what to use eg tried Sagencom 53001, Vodafone tvnz and Vodafone b510 all on Logitech software. Not getting any success at all. Called the Vodafone help desk , they don't even know who manufactures the new media box, tried four times, and spent five hours on something that should be relatively simple. Any ideas before he sends it back
Posted from Apple iPad
New Poster

by markp934 New Poster
Message 8 of 15 (355 Views)

I installed Vodafone TV yesterday.  The remote's volume and mute buttons are not working.  And nowhere can i find instructions on what the coloured buttons are for.  The quality of design of the remote is far inferior to the previous one.  Come on Vodafone, this was being sold as a upgrade..

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 9 of 15 (341 Views)

Hello @Bfknz,

The Vodafone TV remote is made by Sagemcom. It is not currently a device that is part of the Logitech library of known remotes/set-top boxes. We are working on getting Logitech to add it. (This may take a bit of time though.)

In other words, if you want to use the Vodafone TV set-top box with a Harmony remote today, you will need to manuallly teach it the IR commands. This is of course a bit painful, and hopefully we will have the VTV remote added to the Logitech library soon. 

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 10 of 15 (350 Views)

If you see this message, please press "Continue" to skip the pairing process and to continue the set-up. 

A small number of customers are seeing this issue, if the STB is not connected to the internet when setting up for the first time. (We will have a software fix available for this very soon.) 

Hope this helps. 

Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors