remote not pairing

Starter Poster

Re: remote not pairing

by Bfknz Starter Poster
Message 11 of 15 (442 Views)
Hi can you answer my questions about who the manufacturer is so I can set up the harmony remotes
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Bfknz Starter Poster
Message 12 of 15 (433 Views)
I can find Sagencom in my harmony list do you know what model as it doesn’t learn all of the commands only some
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 13 of 15 (418 Views)

The original manufacturer for the remote is Ruwido and the model is 2791. I do not believe this is in the Logitech database of known devices and we are working on getting it added.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Bfknz Starter Poster
Message 14 of 15 (402 Views)
I have been on to Logitech they too have nothing. For people who have sophisticated setups and universal remotes I would err on the side of caution before signing up for this.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Dave_McLean Starter Poster
Message 15 of 15 (331 Views)
To program my Harmony remote I used Logitech's default "Cable STB" device and after learning just two or three buttons it knew what to do and got pretty much everything right - just a couple of keys needed minor tweaking.

Here's the thing:  The box is capable of doing things that the supplied remote can't do. So the experience with the Harmony remote is very much better. For example the "Guide" button on the Harmony takes you directly to the programme guide at the channel you are currently watching, which is great. You can't do that with the Vodafone remote.

Now if only we could figure out how to make the "Back" button go to the previous channel - that would be really cool...
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 23w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors