i've been duped - dont sign up for Vodafone TV!!

Starter Poster

i've been duped - dont sign up for Vodafone TV!!

by MegAndrews Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Well i started this painful journey about a 3 months ago. I had a door knocker from Vodafone one evening sign me up for Fibre + Vodafone TV with all the trimmings (sky sport, soho, movies) as it was cheaper than the Vodafone ADSL + Sky Sport package we were already on. This set in motion a rigmoral of issues such as the door knocker not passing on our signed contract, delays in getting a plan together, incorrect charges on our bill, Chorus telling us different appointment times to Vodafone, technical issues in setting up Vodafone TV and everything else in between.

We *finally* became connected last week and everything was going smoothly until lastnight i tried to record a programme on Bravo.

I kept getting an error message saying 'cannot record programme' so while i waited on hold with Vodafone tech support for AN HOUR my partner googled and trawled through this forum and i gave up waiting for Vodafone to answer just before 10pm after being told for the 40th time "thanks for waiting, one of our technical staff will be with you shortly".

So basically we are now WORSE off than we were with the regular Vodafone internet plus Sky set up where i could record anything i liked at any time. Now if only i can just get bloody though and cancel this awful awful plan - can any recommend a different set up?

p.s. whats the point in being given Neon free for a year if you cant watch it on Vodafone TV???

Starter Poster

Re: i've been duped - dont sign up for Vodafone TV!!

by LisaMarieSpence Starter Poster
Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)
Not sure if you saw my thread as well.
https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Vodafone-TV-SKY/Review-of-the-new-quot-BETA-quot-VF-TV-service/t...

Similar issues. I'm still waiting on them to disconnect it and free us from this beta version
Posted from Samsung SM-G960F
Starter Poster

by MegAndrews Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)

Hi LisaMarie yes i did see your post and i only wish i had prior to agreeing to this nightmare.

I spoke to VF tech yesterday and was gobsmacked to recieve an almost snarky comment from call centre when the staff member was reading out the email she was sending to retention "customer SURPRISED that recording was not available on her favourite channels..." i asked had many others cancelled the VF TV service and she replied "not really, but we did anticipate our customers would do more due diligence about what was available before signing up..." !!! 

There was no explanation as to why i was able to record on Bravo last week when i had VF internet at Sky decoder now this week i have Sky on my VF TV and suddenly i cant record - im really not sure how this has anything to do with licensing issues? As to the lack of recording on 1, 2, 3 - again this makes no sense. If you have a tv with recording capability then why is this feature not available on the VF TV set up?

I was then suggested to "just watch 1, 2, 3 on demand" but i notice that a) not every single programme is available on demand and; b) there is no app on VF TV for on deman for 1 and 2 meaning, again, the TV box is useless because i have to then watch on demand on my phone.

ALSO my vodafone TV app doesnt work when im not logged into the fibre at home so i cant catch up unless im in my house where the VF TV is anyway... it SUCKS!

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by LisaMarieSpence Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)

I wonder if its the same woman i got from the retention team before i signed up. i had waited several days for a reply to my Facebook message and decided to ring to find out what deal they could over that matched what new customers got (pressy card + 3 months free internet) with what was the full basic sky tv package + sport, i believe that is now sky starter, entertainment and sport. I was told "go look online all the information is there, then give us a call back when you have decided". I had been warned by a friend who was at the time working for VF, but had handed their resignation in, that the VF TV was pretty much in beta mode, but will get better, however cant record all shows/channels and to double check with retention when i called, which i did, to get a snarky answer of "whoever you were talking to is uneducated and is wrong" .... LADY YOU ARE WRONG is all i would like to tell her, so if any staff are able to see who it was i spoke to on Wednesday 13th June around 7-8pm, make sure she becomes educated and more informed about the products, oh and tell her that there is no option of a package on your webpage for Starter + Entertainment (AKA BASIC) + sport ..... unless i got the PREMIUM deal of everything including SOHO and MOVIES, so again she was wrong. 

As for the "away" viewing. My TV box mustve gone on standby while we were out and suddenly stopped streaming while we were at the after hours GP and i was trying to entertain the kids with some kids TV seeing as there were no books, age appropriate toys and the one TV had a "boring adult tv show on about houses" 

\

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors