VodafoneTV Set box connecting to 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver System

Starter Poster

Re: VodafoneTV Set box connecting to 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver System

by honie99 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 23 (376 Views)

@grantt @MikeHales any indication of when "soon" is, for rolling out 5.1? I (foolishly) took it for granted that it would be standard in new technology that I buy.

Thanks.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 12 of 23 (362 Views)

@honie99

Will check in with the TV team to find out for you.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 13 of 23 (286 Views)

@MikeHales any update here?

Starter Poster

Message 14 of 23 (154 Views)

@MikeHales anything? I'm surely not the only one who wants to get an answer on this.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 15 of 23 (128 Views)

@honie99

Apologies, I forgot to ask but will do so this week.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Deano004 Starter Poster
Message 16 of 23 (920 Views)
Any update on time frame? I want surround sound too.

I've just about lost patience with this platform. It could be great, but there are a hell of a lot of issues to sort. Starting with the EPG and catch up bugging out on the sport channels. Ruined a couple world cup matches for me.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
PB2
Starter Poster

by PB2 Starter Poster
Message 17 of 23 (807 Views)

I replaced my two Sky TV Boxes last year with Vodafone TV and was told the DD\5.1 will be coming shortly. That was 9 months ago. I agree the platform is still buggy and clunky.  Will be looking for other options when my contract is up for renewal.

Starter Poster

by IanCam Starter Poster
Message 18 of 23 (744 Views)

Hi

Getting info about 5.1 surround off the Vodafone TV 'ninjas' line is impossible.  I was having difficulty getting 5.1 audio from Netlix and I've wncountered 2 different people on the 0800 TV line.  One of which said it definitely should work even on the free to air channels, and another who said that everyone there agreed with her when she said that they can't support 3rd party products.  But it's the VFTV which was giving me grief.

I have since figured out I can get a multi channel stream from the digital audio out, but we aren't getting surround from the HDMI connection, is this normal?  I can work with that, its just that I want to check if there's a setting I'm missing or if our unit is slightly faulty. 

And @grantt - We really need answers re. 5.1 audio availability on the live TV streams.  It ain't 'the future of television' if we have to plead for features that have been available on the Freeview and Sky platforms for at least a decade!  When will this promise come to fruition?   

Starter Poster

by Deano004 Starter Poster
Message 19 of 23 (742 Views)
Hi Ian.
How did you manage to get surround sound out of the audio cable?

That was the first thing I tried when 5.1 wasn't coming through hdmi. The old Vodafone tv box only passed on 5.1 via the optical cable so I thought it might be the same.

In the settings on my Vodafone tv box it recognises that I've got the optical cable connected, but I'm definately not getting 5.1 audio.
Posted from Huawei CLT-L09
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by IanCam Starter Poster
Message 20 of 23 (737 Views)

Hi Dean

To clarify, the 5.1 audio is only working on the Netflix app.  But it worked immediately with Dolby audio selected in the VFTV menu (Settings->more settings->audio & visual-> select dolby audio)  and when playing netflix content, arrow up to options/audio & subtitles/ select english original 5.1 - although this was selected by default I think.

The Netflix app is one thing that is great about the newish Vodafone TV.  We don't have a smart TV, so having the app saves sending it to our Chromecast through a phone.

Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 7 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors